Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts oeshuron's Avatar

CLX-8380ND won't print color.

We recently had a problem with a customers CLX-8380nd in which we were told to replace the PWB to keep the drums from locking up and breaking. We were also told to update the firmware immediately after which we did. The original firmware was .75 and the firmware we installed was .811. Ever since the machine no longer prints in color. Copies come out fine, but internal prints and prints from the network will only come out in black and white. We have tried going back to version .80 of the firmware but that did nothing to help. Any ideas?

Service Manager 250+ Posts just a tech's Avatar
    The newest version is 89. This is supposed to fix several different problems including registration issues and drum arcing causing the surface of drums to be fried in a couple of lines down length of drum. (only the color drums)... About a month or so ago, an engineer from Samsung HQ in Korea and myself went around to all of my 8380's in the field and updated machine. the updates included version .89 firmware, replacement of the waste toner bottle (there is a new designed bottle with different "site glass" for sensor), replacement of all 4 drum assemblies, and replacement of the HVPS-S pwb (suposedly updated to improve fuser heating functions among other things). Since all updates have been put in place, there have been no issues with machines. I did have a couple of machines with misregistration reoccurring from time to time and a few other machines that kept frying my damn drums because I'd do what samsung recommended and it'd last about 3 weeks or so then fry them again. But like I said, all is good now.... So Far..... Good Luck !!

Senior Tech 250+ Posts oeshuron's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by just a tech View Post
    About a month or so ago, an engineer from Samsung HQ in Korea and myself went around to all of my 8380's in the field and updated machine.
    Thanks for the response JAT. I totally forgot I had left this open. We also had an engineer from Samsung do the exact same thing and all is well. Thanks again for posting with what happened!
    Last edited by oeshuron; 09-15-2009 at 02:20 PM. Reason: fix quotes