Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    roby_eng

Re: Samsung CLX-3175 Drum Reset

Quote Originally Posted by blackcat4866 View Post
    Can you scan a sample? =^..^=
    First printed page is (1) that's with picture. After multiple printing, the two sets of lines were moving downward. The lower set was removed and the upper one is still there, as you see in (2). 1.jpg 2.jpg

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    Samsung CLX-3175 Drum Reset

Does the pattern re-occur at 187mm intervals? There is probably a scratch on your new drum. Each time the scratch goes by the drum cleaning blade it causes the drum drive to hesitate, creating a line each time a color is developed. The lines will be spaced 0.5mm apart.

Yes I'm sure. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Technician

you can use hardware drum reset with 56ohms fusible resistor like as original new drum unit.

Seb

Question Re: Samsung CLX-3175 Drum Reset

Hello blackcat4866!

You seem to be pretty knowledgeable with Samsung printers. I have a Samsung CLX-3175N and recently had the message : ''Replace imaging unit''. The quality of my prints is still good and I would like to avoid spending $$$ to purchase a new drum. From reading other quotes in this exchange, I understand that I can simply reset the count and continue using my ''old'' drum. [

Like another user who posted a quote a few months back, I am unable to access the menus as you describe them for the CLX-3175. As the other user specified, when I hit Menu I only have two options: ''Copy menu'' and ''Scan menu''. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks much!

Seb

QUOTE=blackcat4866;192132]I've been working on Samsung for over two years, and this is the first one that needed a drum replacement. It turns out that the drum times out at 24K clicks, 4 clicks per color, 1 click per B&W.

So my customer buys a drum unit, reads the directions, and installs the Imaging Unit. So far so good ... except for the fact that the "Replace Imaging Unit" message is still there.

Two hours of searching to find this in the Service Manual:

Press: Menu, #1934, Menu, "Tech Mode <Tech Mode>" OK, "Data Setup" OK, > x7 to "Clear Counts" OK, "Enter Password [????]", 1934, OK, "Clear Counts [Total Page CNT]", >x3 to "[Imaging Unit]" OK, "Clearing…", back.

It just doesn't make any sense to me for the manufacturer to sell an imaging unit as a user replaceable supply, but does not include the reset procedure with the drum unit, or in the users manual. And the procedure in the service manual is nearly incomprehensible.

Maybe this will save someone two hours of searching. =^..^=[/QUOTE]

RichardT

Quote Originally Posted by blackcat4866 View Post
    I've been working on Samsung for over two years, and this is the first one that needed a drum replacement. It turns out that the drum times out at 24K clicks, 4 clicks per color, 1 click per B&W.

So my customer buys a drum unit, reads the directions, and installs the Imaging Unit. So far so good ... except for the fact that the "Replace Imaging Unit" message is still there.

Two hours of searching to find this in the Service Manual:

Press: Menu, #1934, Menu, "Tech Mode <Tech Mode>" OK, "Data Setup" OK, > x7 to "Clear Counts" OK, "Enter Password [????]", 1934, OK, "Clear Counts [Total Page CNT]", >x3 to "[Imaging Unit]" OK, "Clearing…", back.

It just doesn't make any sense to me for the manufacturer to sell an imaging unit as a user replaceable supply, but does not include the reset procedure with the drum unit, or in the users manual. And the procedure in the service manual is nearly incomprehensible.

Maybe this will save someone two hours of searching. =^..^=
    Hi I'm a new user and would appreciate any opinion you can give. I have installed a new drum unit on a Samsung 3175FN, got the "Install Imaging Unit" error message and followed the instructions above.

I get the "Clearing..." message for a second or so, go back but it still isn't clearing the error message. I'd be very grateful for any further ideas.

RichardT

Seb

Hello Richard,

What does your control panel look like? I have a Samsung CLX-3175N and it does not have a numeric keypad. The solution I found to reset the count on my machine was:

Log into the service menu Samsung CLX-3175 without a numeric keypad similar to the unit Samsung SCX-4623F/FN:
    Consistent set of combinations of "MENU" - "ID COPY " - "LEFT" - "RIGHT" - "MENU" - "BACK"
    The unit switches to English, if you installed any other.
    In the menu appears TECH MODE.
    To enter the reset require a password1934. The numbers by pressing "LEFT" - "RIGHT",
    After each number press the "OK"

This tip was posted by, I think, roby_eng last May 27th. It might be too late now that you have installed the new drum, but, just so you know, when I did my researches, I found out that the ''replace imaging unit'' message appears after a certain number of prints, but does not necessarily mean that it is no longer operational. I reseted the count without changing my imaging unit and the printer still works fine (knock on wood). Allowed me to safe a few bucks.

I hope this helps. Let me know the outcome.

Take care,

Seb

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _______________________________

Quote Originally Posted by RichardT View Post
    Hi I'm a new user and would appreciate any opinion you can give. I have installed a new drum unit on a Samsung 3175FN, got the "Install Imaging Unit" error message and followed the instructions above.

I get the "Clearing..." message for a second or so, go back but it still isn't clearing the error message. I'd be very grateful for any further ideas.

RichardT

amb

Hi Black Cat

I was reading your thread after Google information related to Drum reset for Samsung color printer CLX-3175. But information about reset would only apply for CLX-3175FN model. How can we rest a drum on the brand printer with model number CLX-3175 who don't have numeric keypad to reset/apply this option. Can you let me know if you also have this solutions.
    I have Samsung model CLX-3175 (standard printer) with out numeric keypad and want to reset its drum error. Your prompt reply will be appreciated because not able to use printer.

Thx.
    KBA

Technician

Re: Samsung CLX-3175 continu job without stop

I HAVE Samsung CLX-3175 continue job without stop WHEN I PRESS 1 COPY IT WORK CONTINUE WITHOUT STOP I AM REST IT BUT NO NEW
    CAN YOU HELP ME

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    Samsung CLX-3175 Drum Reset

Lightbulb Re: Samsung CLX-3175 Drum Reset

This Parts & Service Manual can now be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from:

Just Manuals, The Internet's largest selection of manuals ~ Instant Downloads

Paul@justmanuals.com

danleaf

Re: Samsung CLX-3175 Drum Reset [CLX-3305FW image unit CLT-R405]

I have tried to do this.. and follow these instruction.. for my CLX-3305FW the image unit code is CLT-R405

Press: Menu, #1934#, Menu, "Tech Mode <Tech Mode>" OK, "Data Setup" OK, > x7 to "Clear Counts" OK, "Enter Password [????]", 1934, OK, "Clear Counts [Total Page CNT]", >x3 to "[Imaging Unit FUSER]" OK, "Clearing…", back.

But this does not clear the replace image unit error. I switch off the printer and still get the same error.

can anyone help, or do i need to do that 56ohm fused resistor thing as i can find on YouTube.

Thanks
    Leaf