Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    Got your hands on a new Samsung A3 product yet?

What do you think?

I heard that the duplex unit is not single pass. Right? wrong?

What are the shortcomings?

Technician
    yup. they suck big time. Panasonic C262 was the top compared to this

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

Re: Got your hands on a new Samsung A3 product yet?

The CLX9250 & CLX9350 (25/35 cpm Colour) have been out for about a year now. They were just released in Canada this week. Does anybody have a current impression of them and how are they working in the field?

Do you know if this copier series offers the common Xerox feature of "Hold for Resources". If a print job requires a certain paper type and it is not available in the copier, other print jobs requiring other paper media will automatically continue to print around that stalled job.

Service Manager 250+ Posts

Software is slow and unresponsive. Take forever to boot up/warm up. Besides that is a good looking, sturdy machine. Very neutral colortone.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Gift's Avatar

I had a chance to test a preproduction sample quite some time ago and wasn't impressed by the controller/usability. I agree that the software/operation panel response is very slow, same goes for the boot-up time. Our unit did also smelled extremely if I tried to print larger job. The hardware and printout quality made a solid impression though. I think these products will stand or fall with the need of a better software/firmware/controller because most customers will probably complain (et least if they used to work with fast-responding machines before).

AutoMajical Resolutionist 2,500+ Posts

very slow boot time 7 minutes. the weirdo stuff is starting to show uo in the field. Keep up with firmware releases. I've had to send capture logs to Samsung that went to Korea for eval a few times. Been seeing UI (user interface) errors on the 93's and a couple 80's.
    Mystic Crystal Revelations

I can turn a screw... 250+ Posts pacman's Avatar

I think I posted some stuff on these a while ago. We were early adopters.

Boot time is an issue, but it seems to be an issue on ANY machine running the XOA software. I've seen the SCX-6555NX run close to a 5 minute boot time.
    Supplies usually run close to true as far as yields. No issues that I've seen about supply failures.
    Solid machines overall, but there are some ghosts in them.
    UI crashes every now and again.
    Finisher issues with the small finisher drill holes not lining up correctly with the brackets.
    Scan issues using scan manager and names start disappearing at random and never come back even when Scan Manager says the machine is ready to scan.

Overall, I like them. Sammy just needs to do better on the software side of things.

Quote Originally Posted by pacman View Post
    I think I posted some stuff on these a while ago. We were early adopters. Boot time is an issue, but it seems to be an issue on ANY machine running the XOA software. I've seen the SCX-6555NX run close to a 5 minute boot time. Supplies usually run close to true as far as yields. No issues that I've seen about supply failures. Solid machines overall, but there are some ghosts in them. UI crashes every now and again. Finisher issues with the small finisher drill holes not lining up correctly with the brackets. Scan issues using scan manager and names start disappearing at random and never come back even when Scan Manager says the machine is ready to scan. Overall, I like them. Sammy just needs to do better on the software side of things.
    Knocked it on the head .. I agree with everything above. + Get alot of supplies empty but machines say they have 10-40% left . causes errors to be displayed and any tracking software for toners will not work as they should. Address books not the same for all functions. strange issues but most/all will be fixable by firmware i guess... thats if samslug do something about it.

Service Manager 250+ Posts

After working with them for over a year now, installing an maintenancing them in the field for over 50 machines i come to the current conclusion:

THE'RE RUBBISH ON SOFTWARE, And not that special on the hardware department.

1. PRINTING

Rendering is just slow, sending big files OR allot of smaller ones to the printer just makes the whole interface slow down. With over 100 jobs in que, it feels like system is running out of RAM (why, it has a harddrive to spool all the files for gods sake) and rendering goes even slower, dropping print rates to 5ppm or something like that.

2. SCANNING

When scanning a large stack, sometimes a jam occurs. That wouldn;t be a problem, but if your not fast enough to recover the jam, it just doesn;t want to continue its job. The whole machines just hangs and a reboot is your only option. When scanning to folder, once u press the green button a new file is created on the share, than the pages are added to that file. Why not buffer the pages on the friggin harddrive first, wait with writing to the share when the scanjob is finished. Another thing, why can't it generate unique filenames? U can specify a default filename, but than it just adds one up, like filename_001, filename_002 etc etc. But if u remove just for example filename_002, the next scan will be named filename_002 again, but if filename_003 is already existing, next will be filename_004. Just name the file YYYYMMDDTTtt.pdf would be SOOO much better. Compact PDF is pretty lossy and cannot be set als the default filetype and why is there no searchable pdf option. Can someone tell me how to scan to OSX 10.7/8' SMB share?

3. COPYING

Since the copy screen is always the default screen, when done copying it doesn;t need to return. Result is, it does'n reset to the default settings when finished copying. Annoying when somebody just did 500x Full color copies and it doesn;t reset to default.

4. TECHNOLOGY

Halogen bulb heater, takes time to reheat the fixing after each time the door is opened. Charge corrona's which need MANUAL cleaning and create ozone. Whats wrong with keramic instant-on heaters and charge rollers, they are common used technology for over 10 years now.

5. BUILT QUALITY

Several ones have been repaired after a few weeks for faulty main pcb's and hdd's, i'm not used to such high failure rates for electronics.

6. TONER USAGE

The toner level displays are not that accurate. If u print pages with good coverage, cartridge will be empty at 20%. When lucky level will drop form 20 to 1 pretty fast and machine asks for new cartridge. When not so lucky machine tries to supply toner, but doesn't understand that it's empty, so keeps trying, tragicly ending in a cartridge motor error.

And i have a few more things, i wouldn't buy one.