Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Samsung SXC 4521f

Hi to all out there, due to lack of manufacturer representation of a particular copier/machine brand, we technicians sometimes find ourselves 'crossing boundaries' into other copier territories.
    I have been looking at a samsung sxc 4521f. It can PRINT very well from a computer through a USB cable without any problem, clear copies. However the problem is when u try to COPY either through the ADF or copyboard glass, the copies come with a wide black band across it, this is towards leading edge of the paper or sometimes towards trailing edge. it happens on all copies. Even when u SCAN document to the computer u can see the faulty image on the computer screen ( soft copy).
    I did troubleshoot the equipment and concluded that either the CIS UNIT or the RIBBON cable (both in the SCANNER UNIT ) must be faulty.
    TWO BIG PROBLEMS: 1) The scanner unit seems NOT to be made for repair, BUT to be replaced as a whole; it is nearly impossible to access the CIS UNIT within it, even merely to check or clean it. Try opening it if u think I am joking.
    2)From where and how can i get this samsung spares? m/c not represented in this country. Iam stuck. Any help will be appreciated. Black cat what do u say?

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    Samsung SXC 4521f

This Parts & Service manual can now be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from
    Just Manuals | The Internet's largest selection of manuals | Instant Downloads

Paul@justmanuals.com

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    Samsung SXC 4521f

I say:

Yes it's not made to disassemble. Yes its probably intended to be replaced as a scanner assembly.

The real question is is your band in the main-scan or sub-scan direction? If it's main scan, it's most likely the ribbon cable or PBA Main Controller. If it's sub-scan, it's probably the CIS or the PBA Main Controller.

So ... effectively you have two expensive choices with equal likelihood: scanner assembly or PBA Main Controller. For those of us that were dealers this is a little easier to diagnose. Often these cheap units were abandoned due to the cost of the repairs, so there is a ready supply of scrap parts. This is not a model that I've seen in the US, so I can't give you any more specifics.

So what will happen is that you will prepare a quote for $200 USD in parts + 1 hour labor, that has a 50/50 chance of being correct, and either the customer will pay the diagnostic deposit, or they'll just abandon it. Now you'll have a parts machine (if you ever see one again).

Oh, and try www.samsungparts.com =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Thank u blackcat for that excellent highlights: Your reply answered my question in detail, leaving no stone unturned. I will get to the customer and take up the issue with them, backing it with u r post as a reference point, and leave the decision to repair or not to repair with them. thanks also for showing us the 'samsung website', we shall use it.
    Thank u Paul too, for the info about the availability of the samsung service manuals purchasable at u r website;manuals4you.com. I'll get back to you.
    WISH YOU ALL HAPPY EASTER HOLIDAYS.

Hi blackcat, forgot to answer your question. T

The black band across the copies is in the Main scan direction (vertical scan), and as u said it is most likely the Ribbon cable or the PBA. Actually the other end of the ribbon cable is directly connected to the main controller pcb.

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    Samsung SXC 4521f

Happy Easter!

=^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

you can order the CIS FFC cable, a flat silver cable connecting CIS and main board, and it can be carefully replaced.

Smile

pretty sure its the FFC cable having problem, i've encounter this copy quality problem before, it's common to workcenter pe220.

Thanks elsab, could u by chance be having the part no.of the FFC cable for this particular model so that you share with me?, I don,t have the parts catalog. Thank you in advance.