Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Franklin Pattison

Samsung SCX6345N

I had a copy guy come by my office and charge $400 and the machine still does not work! So needless to say I am going at it on my own. My machine jams every time I print. It gets stuck half way out or either around the fuser unit. The guy stated that it was a spring that was around the fuser. I see there are several spots on the web I can buy the spring for $12.95 plus shipping or should I go ahead and spend the money on the fuser and get the problem solved?

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    Samsung SCX6345N

Re: Samsung SCX6345N

This Parts & Service manual can now be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from

http://www.justmanuals.com

Paul@justmanuals.com

Technician

What did the technician do that cost $400.00? If the jam is occurring at the fuser, in many cases it's the actuator flag sensor found on the fuser. However, if the fuser was replaced, then the problem might be the photo interrupt sensor on the frame (sensor above the fuser actuator).

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Samsung SCX6345N

Replace fuser only if flag sensor is getting stuck or it can be the paper exit assembly that sits above the fuser. The old style had issues with the sensors failing and creating jam issues that make u think the fuser is causing the problem. Don't bother trying to clean the flag assembly on the fuser 99.9% of the time the flag is warped from heat.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Franklin Pattison View Post
    I had a copy guy come by my office and charge $400 and the machine still does not work! So needless to say I am going at it on my own. My machine jams every time I print. It gets stuck half way out or either around the fuser unit. The guy stated that it was a spring that was around the fuser. I see there are several spots on the web I can buy the spring for $12.95 plus shipping or should I go ahead and spend the money on the fuser and get the problem solved?
    th optical isolator that came with the initial production on the SCX-6345 usually fails due to the heat. a new replacement exit switch is aavailable to correct the problem, it cost under $5.00 from Samsung. you can replace this switch without removing the fuser. BTW why did you pay the idiot when the problem has not been fixedf?

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    Samsung SCX6345N

Quote Originally Posted by tseto View Post
    ... BTW why did you pay the idiot when the problem has not been fixedf?
    Clearly, sir, you have never been that idiot, but I have. The best techs do not have a 100% success rate on the first call.
    Those who live in glass houses shouldn't cast stones.

=^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by blackcat4866 View Post
    Clearly, sir, you have never been that idiot, but I have. The best techs do not have a 100% success rate on the first call.
    Those who live in glass houses shouldn't cast stones.

=^..^=
    I think you took my comment out of context. There is no shame not knowing how to solve a problem, but it is unethical to charge a fee for a job clearly not done. The bill should only be issued by the company when the tech reported back with a completion report, and then the client still have the option to withhold payment if the requested repair is not satisfactory completed. I call the tech an idiot not because he could not resolve the problem, but requesting for a payment after he failed to complete the repair qualifies him an idiot.