Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    SCX-6200fx  " over heat error cycle power" message

Thumbs up Re: SCX-6200fx " over heat error cycle power" message

First of all it is CLX-6200FX not SCX.
    I changed the main board but am getting same problem. If the firmware is not upgrade on the replacement board would that necessarily keep the same overheat error . I had purchased this board from someone in Ontario that said it was from a working machine. It was $65 which included shipping.
    I am wondering if the replacement board had same problem because the machine will go into ready and after 30 seconds you get the overheat error. So if someone turned the machine on for a very short time they might assume board was good.
    I was able to make a copy on this board also but only while still in ready. After it went into the overheat error mode i would get not available try later type of message when i attempted copying. I thought I was able to make copies on other board even after error appeared. There are over 2o connectors including 3 flat ribbon cable connectors so I am not anxious to swap again although that might tell me replacement board had problem too. What are the odds? Customer is away for 2 months so I have time with machine but it is getting tiresome. Frank

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts

Re: SCX-6200fx " over heat error cycle power" message

Quote Originally Posted by blackcat4866 View Post
    I happen to agree with this philosophy. I rarely fixes anything, and often creates additional problems ... like defaulting the display language to Portuguese. At least it's a problem for me.

The power supply is another possible cause for fuser errors. Personally, I think that the customers observations are incorrect. Printing and copying should produce the exact same error. =^..^=
    =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Thumbs up Re: SCX-6200fx " over heat error cycle power" message

I had changed the power supply as I already had it on order and was going by the service manual and a couple of suggestions like yours. The power supply nor the main board have solved problem so far. There is a heater control board and I guess that is next. I went with the main board because the machine was able to make copies though it had the overheat error. Frank