Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Cool Samsung SCX-8040ND Actuator Fan Problems

Getting an error of A2-2910 Actuator fan failure open door and close.(which reset the error).
    Error.jpg

This happens right after it prints.

Ive Change ozone fan, printer engine board and fan for toner. a swap all of them same error.

Where in the heck is the actuator fan for this error, Ive talk to Samsung, and their tech was of no help(the one I had). Anyways Can someone point me in the right direction.

To clear this problem up, Very Much appreciated.

Thanks

Arcadian
    Last edited by Arcadian; 09-10-2013 at 07:11 AM. Reason: add photo

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    Samsung SCX-8040ND Actuator Fan Problems

Lightbulb Re: Samsung SCX-8040ND Actuator Fan Problems

This Parts & Service Manual can now be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from:

Just Manuals, The Internet's largest selection of manuals ~ Instant Downloads

Paul@justmanuals.com

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Re: Samsung SCX-8040ND Actuator Fan Problems

Posting your ad, isn't going to help me, when in fact, I already have the manual, and even I called Samsung USA they don't even know whats the problem, you shouldn't just post your manual ad, make this board look crappy. You are not a contributor, more like an annoyance, don't you think??

If you have nothing better to post then don't post it, this is a help board not an advertisement board. unless you are one of the same.

Anyways

Im going to try reflashing the firmware, seem one of the fans are not coming up to speed, Goit a call from Samsung Korea, they are looking into the problem.
    Ill report my findings.

Technician

see attached
    Attached Files Attached Files

AutoMajical Resolutionist 2,500+ Posts
    Samsung SCX-8040ND Actuator Fan Problems

There were some issues with the connector for the RH door on the early production units, I'd check that out.
    Mystic Crystal Revelations

Not a service manager 2,500+ Posts Iowatech's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Arcadian View Post
    Posting your ad, isn't going to help me, when in fact, I already have the manual, and even I called Samsung USA they don't even know whats the problem, you shouldn't just post your manual ad, make this board look crappy. You are not a contributor, more like an annoyance, don't you think??

If you have nothing better to post then don't post it, this is a help board not an advertisement board. unless you are one of the same.

Anyways

Im going to try reflashing the firmware, seem one of the fans are not coming up to speed, Goit a call from Samsung Korea, they are looking into the problem.
    Ill report my findings.
    That's kind of the issue here. We're a detail oriented group, and and if you'd bothered to include the fact that you had the manuals you wouldn't have seen that ad. Getting big and bad because you failed won't help you a lot here. Ask AAB1 about that if you can find them.
    That being said, have you even bothered to check the voltage going to the fans? It kind of sounds like one of the fans ground to a stop and took out the driver board thanks to an excessive power draw. That would be easy to see with any type of meter. You should probably check that and let us know what you find, as firmware won't help even a little bit if that's the case.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Iowatech View Post
    That's kind of the issue here. We're a detail oriented group, and and if you'd bothered to include the fact that you had the manuals you wouldn't have seen that ad. Getting big and bad because you failed won't help you a lot here. Ask AAB1 about that if you can find them.
    That being said, have you even bothered to check the voltage going to the fans? It kind of sounds like one of the fans ground to a stop and took out the driver board thanks to an excessive power draw. That would be easy to see with any type of meter. You should probably check that and let us know what you find, as firmware won't help even a little bit if that's the case.

Yeah true I should have added that I did have a manual, but even the manual doesn't have the error code, anyways, the error code is in the 9580 or 9080 machine said Samsung. so the manual wouldn't help.

But trying to make a buck by selling your manuals, is okay, I guess. Hocking your warez so to say. .

Its was a meager gesture, but otherwise thanks anyways.

Thanks rookietech, Thanks will look into that.

Arcadian

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Well, could not find anything, not even Samsung could find anything with it, its was getting the error from a 9540 machine when its a 8040 machine.
    Anyways the machine was under warranty, so its got exchanged.
    So that's the only solution, EXCHANGE it!!!

Thanks everyone that tried.