Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    SCX-5935 ADF problem

Re: SCX-5935 ADF problem

I too have seen this in paper feed and adf, often it was a foamy pad that stopped being foamy and started being sticky, and if you remove the pad entirely, the residual magnetism thing happens... a few layers of black tape take care of that in the feed and both solenoids in the adf.

Regards!

A.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tseto View Post
    Up to now the Samsung SCX-5935 have been our most successful placement, fast, low cost per copy, our wholesale cost of OEM cartridge at $62.00 per 10,000 copies, that is 6/10 of a cent for drum and toner, not bad. Just now I have a heck of a problem with the ADF, I can feed single sheets all day without a hitch, but as soon as I put 2 or more sheets in the ADF, the second sheet will l not complete the scan and goes into jam mode. The weir thing is if I put a stack of paper on the ADF and apply a slight pressure to hold back the originals, it might just feed every page correctly without a jam. This is happening to 3 locations and I begin to suspect it might be a timimg problem, has anyone run accross this ? Thanks.
    change the ADF rollers and separation pad, that's always works for me.. you can clean the adf roller with a mild soap and water combo, but the separation pad must be changes its wears away..

also check if the spring is there, the spring holds back the adf, I think there an updated version now, no spring needed..

Quote Originally Posted by copytechman View Post
    I too have seen this in paper feed and adf, often it was a foamy pad that stopped being foamy and started being sticky, and if you remove the pad entirely, the residual magnetism thing happens... a few layers of black tape take care of that in the feed and both solenoids in the adf.

Regards!

A.
    Sorry for Raising the Dead, but I actually own this model Samsung for home use, and it has recently started to do this issue, where do I put the tape to stop it from happening?

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    SCX-5935 ADF problem

Quote Originally Posted by RobertOB View Post
    Sorry for Raising the Dead, but I actually own this model Samsung for home use, and it has recently started to do this issue, where do I put the tape to stop it from happening?
    clean the mag area and the metal plate.. the put Electric tape over the mage part

Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post
    clean the mag area and the metal plate.. the put Electric tape over the mage part
    Thanks so much. I just finished tearing mine apart and applying that fix and everything works awesome now. Wife will stop complaining about it jamming now.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    SCX-5935 ADF problem

Quote Originally Posted by RobertOB View Post
    Thanks so much. I just finished tearing mine apart and applying that fix and everything works awesome now. Wife will stop complaining about it jamming now.
    been using that trick for decades..

glad to hear you got the brownie points!

Cool Re: SCX-5935 ADF problem

Imagine if you will, a thread that has been brought back to life after three years with a great solution to a problem to be solved.... You have entered the Samsung Zone.

I have a 5935. Its my third unit I have owned and no other printer compares. Similar problem. Manual feeder works fine but the tray feeds 1.5 pages to the duplexer every time and then all bets are off. Will someone please tell me where the magically magnetic solenoid is located? I normally just take some magic 240 grit and give the tray feeder a little love. This time I think its the wrong time of the month. She just won't push a single sheet 100% of the time. Cheers!

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    SCX-5935 ADF problem

I don't think that this thread is going to help you gearbreaker.

The original poster described an issue feeding originals through the document feeder. From what I can tell, you have an issue duplexing prints through the printer. Those are two distinctly different parts of the machine.

I suspect that you are getting double-feeding from the paper tray. How old are the feed roller and separation pad? =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

The machine is about eight or nine years old. I thought it was the same problem as this thread is about. Maybe I wasn't clear. The paper feeds from the lower tray and a second page is picked up when the sheet gets half of the way out of the tray. So one sheet with a second sheet on top of it that is half of a sheet behind try to make their way through the paper path and the machine complains and halts. What may have confused my question is that I had said that if I feed the paper into the secondary or envelope feeder it runs fine, which it does.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    SCX-5935 ADF problem

Here too, if the rubber rollers and the separation pad are new, the magnets come into play and remain activated, mounted on the right side of the machine.