Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

SCX-5935 ADF problem

Up to now the Samsung SCX-5935 have been our most successful placement, fast, low cost per copy, our wholesale cost of OEM cartridge at $62.00 per 10,000 copies, that is 6/10 of a cent for drum and toner, not bad. Just now I have a heck of a problem with the ADF, I can feed single sheets all day without a hitch, but as soon as I put 2 or more sheets in the ADF, the second sheet will l not complete the scan and goes into jam mode. The weir thing is if I put a stack of paper on the ADF and apply a slight pressure to hold back the originals, it might just feed every page correctly without a jam. This is happening to 3 locations and I begin to suspect it might be a timimg problem, has anyone run accross this ? Thanks.

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    SCX-5935 ADF problem

Re: SCX-5935 ADF problem

What feed count on the DF? What jam codes? Have you cleaned or replaced anything? That's always a good place to start: cleaning and examining the typical pickup feed an separation components. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

AutoMajical Resolutionist 2,500+ Posts
    SCX-5935 ADF problem

It's a 5935 right?? what version of frimwar (firmware for those that don't get it) is it running??? Sammy updates this constantly ........for weird issues......

BC's input is also very solid on what to check for with the hardware!!!!!!!!!
    Mystic Crystal Revelations

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by blackcat4866 View Post
    What feed count on the DF? What jam codes? Have you cleaned or replaced anything? That's always a good place to start: cleaning and examining the typical pickup feed an separation components. =^..^=

did more than that, replaced the feed assembly as well as the dfp pad. What I noticed is that the second does not wait until the first sheet exit completely., it must be the feed solenoid staying on too long. I have repaired a lot of paper feed problem where the feed solenoid is sticky and feed more than one sheet at a time, I think this may be similar , but it is a bitch to open the adf cover to check.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    SCX-5935 ADF problem

Lightbulb Re: SCX-5935 ADF problem

This Parts & Service Manual can now be purchased for $14.77 and downloaded immediately from:

http://www.justmanuals.com

Paul@justmanuals.com

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Problem solved, after dissasembling and assembling the ADF 4 times in the weekend, ignoring elementary physics I finally realizing it was residual magnetism that caused all my problem. The original paper feed solenoid core material wasn't soft enough and it eventually developed enough residual attraction to keep the relay activated after years of magnetising cycles . 3 layers of friction tape between the coil and the pawl did the trick. , I see this can be a real problem as we have 3 cases out of about 100 placement of the SCX 5935. The same problem will also affect paper feed as it basically of the same structure, I alreally run accross it . too bad I didn't connect the two faults together!

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    SCX-5935 ADF problem

Congratulations tseto. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

AutoMajical Resolutionist 2,500+ Posts
    SCX-5935 ADF problem

Props to You!!!!!!!!!!! Sammy should pay you for that info...........................
    Mystic Crystal Revelations

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts faxgoddess's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tseto View Post
    Problem solved, after dissasembling and assembling the ADF 4 times in the weekend, ignoring elementary physics I finally realizing it was residual magnetism that caused all my problem. The original paper feed solenoid core material wasn't soft enough and it eventually developed enough residual attraction to keep the relay activated after years of magnetising cycles . 3 layers of friction tape between the coil and the pawl did the trick. , I see this can be a real problem as we have 3 cases out of about 100 placement of the SCX 5935. The same problem will also affect paper feed as it basically of the same structure, I alreally run accross it . too bad I didn't connect the two faults together!
    I have clients who run many, many pages through the ADFs on their 5935s, so I'll keep this in mind. Thanks!!
    "The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will."
    --Vince Lombardi

AWS

Quote Originally Posted by tseto View Post
    Can you please explain a little more? Was it the solenoid-DADF that was causing the issue? Im thinking about just ordering a replacement, thats why I ask.