Smile New to Samsung Range

Hi all,

I'm new to the Samsung range, we've been mainly Konica Minolta.

Ive managed to turn off the alerts for the drums, Transfer belt, Devs anf fuser on the C8640nd and the CLX9201 range.

Is there any other tips and tricks you guys can help me with on my long and arduous journey in the world of Samsung.

Many thanks in advance.

Aging Tech 10,000+ Posts
    New to Samsung Range

Re: New to Samsung Range

Don't put any Samsungs on service contract. You will lose your shirt(experience here). Always use OEM supplies.
    Just my two cents.

almost two years with no problems. Mainly A3 Copiers & all the maintenance contract...

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by fummbles View Post
    Hi all,

I'm new to the Samsung range, we've been mainly Konica Minolta.

Ive managed to turn off the alerts for the drums, Transfer belt, Devs anf fuser on the C8640nd and the CLX9201 range.

Is there any other tips and tricks you guys can help me with on my long and arduous journey in the world of Samsung.

Many thanks in advance.
    Upgrade the firmware. V6.06.06 is the latest (I think). Default MFD to pdf compact, move Stack bypass from top of auto paper select to bottom. Turn paper auto size on, LTR to A4 is a pain in my a$$. I presume A4 to LTR would be for you to!Use the notification feature for low toner usage (set at 10% by default). Create shortcuts for the most common scanners on the home screen.

Technician

With 10 months experience with Samsung printers and MFPs, top tips from me are:
    1. Keep the firmware updated; Samsung partners -- use GSPN (or Global Service Partner Network)! UK head office has told us they really push on firmware whether it be fixes or general improvements.
    2. Keep up-to-date with the free, lite desktop software Samsung provide for their printers & copiers (e.g. Easy Document Creator for scanning etc.); you can walk through most end-users on using this software in 5 mins.
    3. If you've set up Email Notifications (say for low toner levels) - and they don't come through - be prepared to bump the 'low alert' to anything as much as 30%. It's to do with the way it calculates the toner level apparently that causes it occasionally to miss it...
    4. And keep the firmware updated (again!)

Keep on top of firmware and you'll be fine :-)