Trusted Tech 50+ Posts nekowaiidesu's Avatar

Ricoh SP100SF E Service Manual

Hi all,

Seeking a service manual for Ricoh SP100SF E or equivalent. I can only find sites online selling this manual for up to $20 (a lot in my currency)
    Hoping some kind soul will be able to help me out. Please PM me and feel free to ask if you need any Toshiba docs in return.

Thanks in advance

Re: Ricoh SP100SF E Service Manual

Perhaps someone has even seen this problem and can give me some direction.
    Keep in mind this is the first Ricoh I've ever worked on and have no documentation for it. It is, as in the title, a Ricoh SP100SFe.

It came in because it was jamming. I took it apart and found that there was a thin metal shield of sorts above the pickup roller. It's all bent and mangled, and I can't see what it is even for.. It looks like it should attach to plastic, so I don't think it for earthing? Anyway, I removed this thing (it's mangled so badly I can't even really get it without it coming off and causing jams again)

Anyway, now that the paper path is clear I can get some prints out... for a while, or very intermittently... I keep getting "Misfeed Std Tray: Out of Paper" even though there is paper. From what I can see, there is no paper tray sensor. It seems like it first picks up the page (or attempts to) and if it doesn't reach the sensor in time it throws out the "Out of Paper"...

So the real problem comes in here: It sometimes just doesn't pickup paper. It doesn't look like it's even trying. When I test it with the solenoid out of the machine the solenoid acts as expected. When I have the machine apart, and manually turn 'activate' the solenoid, it works as expected. That is to say: The solenoid is not faulty, and it would seem that the pickup actuator works normally - there doesn't appear to be anything that would stop the solenoid from working - and there doesn't appear to be anything stopping the actuator if the solenoid kicks in.... yet... of course, it will work once, maybe even 10 times, and give up. Stops picking up... SOMETHING must be preventing the solenoid or actuator from moving correctly... but I can't seem to find what it is.

It's very difficult to see while the machine is on, because the solenoid is hidden behind 2 boards and a load of ribbons and cables, but it all looks normal when I take it apart and operate the mechanisms manually...

If anyone has experienced this or maybe I'm overlooking something stupid/obvious, your help would be greatly appreciated. Also, if anyone knows what that thin shield thing that goes over the wheel is? What it's actually for? I don't THINK it would cause this problem, but hey, I'm running out of ideas.

Jeez, In my opinion a service manual is a tool, same as the screwdriver. If you really need one, buy one. You wouldn't ask for any other tools for free would you.

Red face Re: Ricoh SP100SF E Service Manual

Well, if screwdrivers were digital and easily duplicated at no cost.. Then yeah, I probably would ask to have one for free lol. Besides, it's not my company so I don't get the final say when it comes to paying a third party in US dollars for intellectual property they probably don't even have rights to sell.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts fshead's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nekowaiidesu View Post
    Well, if screwdrivers were digital and easily duplicated at no cost.. Then yeah, I probably would ask to have one for free lol. Besides, it's not my company so I don't get the final say when it comes to paying a third party in US dollars for intellectual property they probably don't even have rights to sell.
    i think you need to post a pic of said part and post a question on the ricoh board,
    you can also go into service mode and ck the jam code
    and there is no way everyone on earth can afford all they need so as long as you are a tech i would send you the manual
    but i dont have one and cant say i ever saw one.
    good luck

Why on earth is there even a SERVICE MANUAL REQUESTS board if I get bad rep and cheap comments for requesting a service manual? Jeez.

i think you need to post a pic of said part and post a question on the ricoh board,
    you can also go into service mode and ck the jam code
    and there is no way everyone on earth can afford all they need so as long as you are a tech i would send you the manual
    but i dont have one and cant say i ever saw one.
    good luck
    Thanks, some nice person has offered to send it to me without charge. Machine is already fixed anyway but I'll keep it for future use or perhaps someone else needs a copy which I'd gladly share.