Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Ricoh MPC5502 & 5501a SPDF

I have manuals for both machines but cannot find anywhere a manual for the single pass doc. feeder = SPDF ( D642 - MPC5502 ). I'm not sure of the model for the MPC5501a. I normally get manuals through Service-manual.net but can't find them there either. Help, please!!!

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Re: Ricoh MPC5502 & 5501a SPDF

Are you looking for a Service Manual or a Parts Manual?? The D143/D144 (C4502/C5502) Service Manual has the replacement and adjustment section for the DF3010/DF3070. And it Also has the SPDF (C4502A/C5502A Only) in it under the first Replacement and Adjustment section.

EDIT: There is a Parts Catalog for each model Doc. Feeder. (3010/3070/ D642)

Weird that there is no service manual for the SPDF. I looked through Ricoh and found nothing. I have the parts manuals if you need them.

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Since the SPDF is default equipment for the MP C5502, the service information is part of the main service manual. You have most likely made the mistake of searching the manual for SPDF. In the Replacements and Adjustments section between ELECTRICAL COMPONENTS and USING DIP SWITCHES you will find the section SINGLE PASS ADF (SINGLE PASS ADF MODEL ONLY). It should have all the information that you need.

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    Since the SPDF is default equipment for the MP C5502, the service information is part of the main service manual. You have most likely made the mistake of searching the manual for SPDF. In the Replacements and Adjustments section between ELECTRICAL COMPONENTS and USING DIP SWITCHES you will find the section SINGLE PASS ADF (SINGLE PASS ADF MODEL ONLY). It should have all the information that you need.
    But nothing on the 01 series SPDF

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tufbnme View Post
    But nothing on the 01 series SPDF
    SP modes for the SPDF are in the SP table. Again search for single pass.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Are you sure about that? I know it is default on the 03. I thought the reason for having an MPC5502a vs MPC5502 was the SPDF came only on the "a" model. Which is why I'm having such a great time finding the parts manual so I can order the parts you recommended. Shafts and one way bearing for adf belt slippage.

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hadster View Post
    Are you sure about that? I know it is default on the 03. I thought the reason for having an MPC5502a vs MPC5502 was the SPDF came only on the "a" model. Which is why I'm having such a great time finding the parts manual so I can order the parts you recommended. Shafts and one way bearing for adf belt slippage.
    I take it that you are too lazy to open the service manual and check. I did before I made my reply that you quoted and I just rechecked it. If you had read FrohnB's post you would know there is a parts manual for it. Or are you not with a Ricoh authorized dealer and therefore do not have access the rfgesource?

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

I take it that you are too lazy to open the service manual and check. I did before I made my reply that you quoted and I just rechecked it. If you had read FrohnB's post you would know there is a parts manual for it. Or are you not with a Ricoh authorized dealer and therefore do not have access the rfgesource?
    I do not appreciate being called lazy! You are right, I'm not an authorized Ricoh dealer. I am however a small business owner who puts in 12 hours days busting my ass to make a living! Forgive me for not being able to find what you're talking about with the other 20 things I have on my plate at this moment. All I need is parts manual to order the parts I need anyways.
    Last edited by Hadster; 10-02-2018 at 01:16 PM.