Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Epson R2880

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts cosmin_mocanu's Avatar

Epson R2880

Ineed a service manual for thei machine. It does nor recognize the cartridges. If i putall the cartridges it says that all the cartridges are non genuine. If i remove one, ore more cartridges, it recognize the ones mounted in the printer but then i put then all error. Could anyone help mee? I tried with genuine and non genuine cartridges, all brand new and the same err.

Thanks in advance for your suport.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Did u put in the same time oem and compatibile? This usualy happend's on Epson if u have an older version of chip's on the cartridge's or u have compatible cartridge's instaled. I didn't worked on this model but i have some P50's which i did install CISS system's and when CISS board failed i did put chip's, Ver. 6. I would try harder with OEM cartrige's and maybe an firmware update and check if there isn't any broken contact betwen chip and board.

I do not find the firmware update for this model. And it is safe to do an firmware update for this model if it is not ready to print? I only tried whit ciss , OEM and refillable cartridges separate ( all 8 cartridges from the same producer ). I realy think it is an firmware isue.
    Last edited by cosmin_mocanu; 07-10-2010 at 05:52 PM.

Comming back with some details. If i mount 7, or less cartridges, the printer reads the info on the cips with noo problem ( date of fabricaion, manufacturer etc). If i mount all the cartridges ink out error.