Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Printing Banner Length Paper on a MX-3640N

Ok I have a weird problem, I am new this this forum so thank you in advance guys for helping me out. I will try to include as much about the problem as I can.

I am working with a MX-3640N. It has the LT-10 installed and the accessory has been turned on in sims. The customer is trying to print on paper that is 7.25in x 21.25in. That falls well with the range of paper sizes this MFP should be able to print. When trying to print the copier stops printing the image when it reaches 17in of paper. The paper size is set correct in both the print driver and at the copier and does not jam like it would if the MFP thought the paper was just 17in long. The print driver is PLC6 and the firmware has been updated to the most recent version. It does not matter what program you are using to print the banner, the results are always the same. I have a MX-3610N at the shop I am able to print this size paper on just fine so I just can't see what I am missing. Again thanks for any ideas yall might have.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Re: Printing Banner Length Paper on a MX-3640N

Quote Originally Posted by CopierTX View Post
    Ok I have a weird problem, I am new this this forum so thank you in advance guys for helping me out. I will try to include as much about the problem as I can.

I am working with a MX-3640N. It has the LT-10 installed and the accessory has been turned on in sims. The customer is trying to print on paper that is 7.25in x 21.25in. That falls well with the range of paper sizes this MFP should be able to print. When trying to print the copier stops printing the image when it reaches 17in of paper. The paper size is set correct in both the print driver and at the copier and does not jam like it would if the MFP thought the paper was just 17in long. The print driver is PLC6 and the firmware has been updated to the most recent version. It does not matter what program you are using to print the banner, the results are always the same. I have a MX-3610N at the shop I am able to print this size paper on just fine so I just can't see what I am missing. Again thanks for any ideas yall might have.
    go to printing preferences, select paper tab, paper size , long paper 3.25 x17.05(default long paper size) then select custom button and enter paper length up to 47.24 in and width..

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Re: Printing Banner Length Paper on a MX-3640N

It has been a long time since I did the banner printing so I dont remember all the details but I had problems initially then found out when you make the size settings they must be in millimeters.