Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Technician

MX 7040n Ldap and user settings

Hi All,

We've just taken delivery of a new MX7040, I'm struggling a little on the config, i've got LDAP working and all my users can log into the machine.

What I would like to do however is customize the options that users see. For example I want to prevent most users saving jobs to the HDD and maybe add some print quotas etc.

I can see that these options can be set and the manual seems to touch on it but I'm unsure how to do it correctly. Any help would be appreciated

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    MX 7040n Ldap and user settings

Re: MX 7040n Ldap and user settings

Quote Originally Posted by ittim View Post
    Hi All,

We've just taken delivery of a new MX7040, I'm struggling a little on the config, i've got LDAP working and all my users can log into the machine.

What I would like to do however is customize the options that users see. For example I want to prevent most users saving jobs to the HDD and maybe add some print quotas etc.

I can see that these options can be set and the manual seems to touch on it but I'm unsure how to do it correctly. Any help would be appreciated

go into machine web page and user control, then there are settings for page limit group, organization group, authority group and so on, the attached doc shows how to intergrate user control into active directory and how to setup different groups for user control.

TT-20352A.PDF

Technician

Re: MX 7040n Ldap and user settings

Perfect! Thank you