Technician

MX-6240, 7040 (Polaris) with error code C1-0X (various charger cleaner trouble)

Hello Folks out there, is there a way to disable the corona cleaning function when you have an error C1-03,05,07. I need to order parts and want to resume printing for my client in the meantime.

Smile Re: MX-6240, 7040 (Polaris) with error code C1-0X (various charger cleaner trouble)

Grease the screw shaft that will work for a time good luck

Technician

Re: MX-6240, 7040 (Polaris) with error code C1-0X (various charger cleaner trouble)

Thanks for the tip. I'm hoping for a softsw to disable the cleaner

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts

Re: MX-6240, 7040 (Polaris) with error code C1-0X (various charger cleaner trouble)

This advice comes from one of our long time benefactors:

Can you please drop some advice for Ben@KM regarding the polaris MC cleaning.... As long as you have the MC Units produced after April 2014 (as-per production run sticker on the box), its modded to stop C1 codes. The only other thing is making sure the CMYK process unit front & rear seal mods are also fitted to stop toner spray falling onto the MC home position sensor.

In my personal opinion it's a bad idea to disable the primary charge cleaners. Those scorotrons get dirty, and need the automatic cleaning. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Quote Originally Posted by ben@km View Post
    Hello Folks out there, is there a way to disable the corona cleaning function when you have an error C1-03,05,07. I need to order parts and want to resume printing for my client in the meantime.
    Test command 44-28, AO and AP. Having the same difficulty. Done all recommended in the service manual. Sharp area rep on his way...

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

We had one giving the code for cyan. We replaced the the Home position sensor located in the back on main drive. Once we got it out we found it had gotten the clear grease in it from the gears.
    Must have been to much put on at the factory. The part number is the same as one that sharp has had a big problem with.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

are you using the newer MX-750MK or the older MX-620MK when doing pm? this was partially addressed in the switch to 750mk due to cleaner warping. im not aware it can be disabled nor would i recommend it. I would recommend replacing with 750mk and see if that resolves.

Quote Originally Posted by copyCyber View Post
    Test command 44-28, AO and AP. Having the same difficulty. Done all recommended in the service manual. Sharp area rep on his way...
    Final fix was to replace the AC Monitor PWB and the Program SATA.