Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    sharp 7001N code A0-20

sharp 7001N code A0-20

Ive had a sharp at a location for 5 years or so and they called with a A0-20 code Will not reset through sim 24 any any of the normal ways . unfortunately i did not back up the firmware upgrade two years ago. I did not sell them this machine and the company that did is no longer around. Machine level ctl machine production /remodeling and firmware . combination error .. any suggestions., thanks

Re: sharp 7001N code A0-20

Re-seat all Dimm and rom chips etc. Re-seat the MFP Pwb. Reset with TC 14. If that doesn't work may be bad MFP pwb.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    sharp 7001N code A0-20

Quote Originally Posted by DavePo View Post
    Re-seat all Dimm and rom chips etc. Re-seat the MFP Pwb. Reset with TC 14. If that doesn't work may be bad MFP pwb.

i ordered another (used) mfp pwb , i tried re=seating all dimm and e-proms rom chips. and sim 14 thru 24... we will let you know by next week

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    sharp 7001N code A0-20

Quote Originally Posted by Discountcopiers View Post
    i ordered another (used) mfp pwb , i tried re=seating all dimm and e-proms rom chips. and sim 14 thru 24... we will let you know by next week
    the error is between the firmware and the board, the board has model specific info programmed into it and the firmware has similar info and they have to match. Since you replaced the board,(used boards are not a good thing to try) I would look at ordering new firmware dimms from Sharp, you might need to replace the eeprom(which has to be programmed by Sharp) but that usually gives U2-80 or U2-90 codes. You might want to try an emergency firmware update .

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    sharp 7001N code A0-20

Quote Originally Posted by faxman28 View Post
    the error is between the firmware and the board, the board has model specific info programmed into it and the firmware has similar info and they have to match. Since you replaced the board,(used boards are not a good thing to try) I would look at ordering new firmware dimms from Sharp, you might need to replace the eeprom(which has to be programmed by Sharp) but that usually gives U2-80 or U2-90 codes. You might want to try an emergency firmware update .
    Here is some more info/history. This machine was purchased from another vendor 7 years ago. It had a firmware update about 4 years ago by internal IT person at the account ( he used his source )I was concerned at the time but there was no errors. I have had to replace the HDD a year ago(for a E7-03code) .It hasn't had any problems (with the MFP) till a week ago out of the blue it went into the A0-20 code. What may of triggered this (conflict) and delay it after all this time? The only reason i ask...This is a contract customer and doesn't seem like it should be covered if they created this issue by purchasing a non-factory type equipment.and or malware etc... looks like some high $$ items are apparent.
    Ok im getting on a tangent.. so I should try the new firmware DIMMS and/or EEPROMS. I have not done or experienced an "emergency firmware update" just the typical by the book.
    thanks for all this info,much appreciated, Arnie

Senior member of CRS 2,500+ Posts
    sharp 7001N code A0-20

The SM has the Emergency Firmware Update procedures.
    "You can't trust your eyes, if your mind is out of focus" --