Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    MX-M503 Prints fine, won't copy

Re: MX-M503 Prints fine, won't copy

Quote Originally Posted by GR81 View Post
    Had the customer try your suggestion and the touch panel worked for a second and then locked up again.
    did they plug network cable back in ? leave network cable unplugged and if copy mode works fine until you plug cable back in , it maybe corrupt print job on network. look at print que the first job in the print que is the problem usually. if driver is loaded on each pc you may have to delete print jobs from each pc ,

Senior member of CRS 2,500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by faxman28 View Post
    did they plug network cable back in ? leave network cable unplugged and if copy mode works fine until you plug cable back in , it maybe corrupt print job on network. look at print que the first job in the print que is the problem usually. if driver is loaded on each pc you may have to delete print jobs from each pc ,
    I read on another forum that the tech would leave network cable unplugged, power up and then set machine up for authentication. Tech would then plug cable in and the non authenticated print jobs were tossed from the queue.
    Not sure if this would work for the Sharps or not - have not been able to verify if this works or not (I am the shop tech).
    "You can't trust your eyes, if your mind is out of focus" --

Senior member of CRS 2,500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by faxman28 View Post
    sounds like a button is stuck on op panel if there is no message on display , also m503 has keyboard standard it could be the usb con pwb that sits under the keyboard. have had that board give all kinds of weird symptons on mfp, usually if the lights on the keyboard are flashing when you pull it out it is the usb conv pwb.
    I had similar symptoms, and the USB pwb did not fix the problem; the cable that folds in and out to the USB pwb had the 5 volt line cut at the tie wrap, and it would be intermittent if it worked or not.
    "You can't trust your eyes, if your mind is out of focus" --

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ZOOTECH View Post
    I read on another forum that the tech would leave network cable unplugged, power up and then set machine up for authentication. Tech would then plug cable in and the non authenticated print jobs were tossed from the queue.
    Not sure if this would work for the Sharps or not - have not been able to verify if this works or not (I am the shop tech).
    should work, sharp is same with user control , it will dump the print job if it doesn't have authentication. will have to try, have a lot of customers here that don't use servers or install printer on server, so have to go run around to each PC to find bad print job.

Technician

When the customer got to work this morning everything was working fine.
    The bad part is they still want us to go out and work on it.

Field Tech 500+ Posts

I wonder if some one has messed around with some settings and then put them back? Hope this one is an easy fix. Let us know how it goes
    It didn't say that I couldn't do it in the manual.

Legendary Frost Spec Tech 2,500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by blackcat4866 View Post
    It going to depend greatly on what's being displayed on the screen. If only we could teach endusers to read the fricking screen!

If it says "close the ADF" maybe you've got an ADF interlock switch problem, or a cover open.
    If it says "Load A4 paper" maybe you've got a problem with original size detection or a tray misprogrammed for size.
    If it says "Load Staples" maybe it's out of staples.

Literally it could be anything at all. Maybe they could take a picture of the screen for you. I've gotten useful information that way. That also seems to help on the dreaded "part fell off" call, and they cannot seem describe the mystery part. =^..^=
    If the customer says "Pieces of the orange roller are falling off" in reference to an MXC311 I've learned that can also apply to the fuser idle gear underneath the fuser, which has no traces of orange on it whatsoever.
    I would prefer to start more simply with end users and give them the education they obviously missed in kindergarten. "This is ORANGE, can you say ORANGE?" "This is WHITE, WHITE is not ORANGE."
    Cthulhu for president! Why settle for the lesser evil?

Field Tech 500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Akitu View Post
    If the customer says "Pieces of the orange roller are falling off" in reference to an MXC311 I've learned that can also apply to the fuser idle gear underneath the fuser, which has no traces of orange on it whatsoever.
    I would prefer to start more simply with end users and give them the education they obviously missed in kindergarten. "This is ORANGE, can you say ORANGE?" "This is WHITE, WHITE is not ORANGE."

I still try to educate end users, although after more than ten years of doing it I am hoping just once that one person will take notice as it feels like I would have more luck with making a cup of tea with a water proof tea bag ( the polite way to put it)
    It didn't say that I couldn't do it in the manual.