Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Sharp MX 2614

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Sharp MX 2614

Good evening everyone !

I recently started selling this brand.
    And I ask you this help (or at least if there was a chance to do it).

It can, on the MX 2614, increase the area of the scanner, and, when printing, reduce the white margins at the edges of the paper?

If so, what simulations should be used?

Thanks for the help !

grumpy old git 500+ Posts banginbishop's Avatar

Re: Sharp MX 2614

According to the sales pamphlet it can do full bleed but only with oversize paper. I would not recommend adjusting the void areas & only use OEM toner to avoid fuser jams on full bleed copies.

theres better qualified sharp techs on here than me so they may say something different.
    Last edited by banginbishop; 08-03-2015 at 10:31 PM. Reason: Shitty auto correct!

Senior Tech 100+ Posts drowranger's Avatar

According to sm printable area for

A3 Wide 297 x 420mm
    A3 293 x 413mm
    A4 206 x 290mm

You can change the scanner area using sim 50-27 default setting is 0mm for oc & adf.
    You can change printer area using sim 50-5 items A, b, c . default lead and rear void area is 3mm. decrease value by 1 to shift lead edge by 0.1 mm. It is not recommended to reduce this values since it can jam very easily in the fuser with paper curl. This fuser is not cheap as well. we usually increase the lead edge to minimize paper jams in fuser unit. best way is to print on A3W and gulatine. make sure you are using good paper as well

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by drowranger View Post
    According to sm printable area for

A3 Wide 297 x 420mm
    A3 293 x 413mm
    A4 206 x 290mm

You can change the scanner area using sim 50-27 default setting is 0mm for oc & adf.
    You can change printer area using sim 50-5 items A, b, c . default lead and rear void area is 3mm. decrease value by 1 to shift lead edge by 0.1 mm. It is not recommended to reduce this values since it can jam very easily in the fuser with paper curl. This fuser is not cheap as well. we usually increase the lead edge to minimize paper jams in fuser unit. best way is to print on A3W and gulatine. make sure you are using good paper as well

Thank for the help.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Sharp MX 2614

I personally avoid messing with the void areas, 2mm lead and trail void at minimum. Decreasing the L to T void, lead to the higher chances of the page sticking in transfer and fusing, and getting under any separation assembly. If the customer is looking for an edge to edge print, print over sized (ie..fullbleed) and trim to stock size.
    Where the heck is my spring hook?