Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Sharp AR-M550U

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts tcypy1961's Avatar

Sharp AR-M550U

What would keep the copier in this cycle I am about to describe? I turn it on and the display comes up with the Sharp logo displayed on it, then the fan(s) come on. Eventually the display goes off and so do the fan(s) and continues to do this without ever giving an error code or booting up. Thank you for any help given.

Senior member of CRS 2,500+ Posts
    Sharp AR-M550U

Re: Sharp AR-M550U

Quote Originally Posted by tcypy1961 View Post
    What would keep the copier in this cycle I am about to describe? I turn it on and the display comes up with the Sharp logo displayed on it, then the fan(s) come on. Eventually the display goes off and so do the fan(s) and continues to do this without ever giving an error code or booting up. Thank you for any help given.
    Re-flash the firmware.
    "You can't trust your eyes, if your mind is out of focus" --

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    Sharp AR-M550U

Does the hard drive spin up? If the HDD starts, stops, starts, that's where I would start. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Sharp AR-M550U

Bad HDD.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by tcypy1961 View Post

If machine is on network a bad packet sent over as print job will cause said actions.. Unplug cable and see if it will boot.. If so then must find print job causing trouble or just cancel all jobs on server.. Seen this quite a few times .. Actually just had exact scenario at a bank with Dragon 2 and sure enough once all jobs had been wiped out machine booted with nibtriuble

Quote Originally Posted by tr210907 View Post
    If machine is on network a bad packet sent over as print job will cause said actions.. Unplug cable and see if it will boot.. If so then must find print job causing trouble or just cancel all jobs on server.. Seen this quite a few times .. Actually just had exact scenario at a bank with Dragon 2 and sure enough once all jobs had been wiped out machine booted with nibtriuble
    This is a good possibility seen it numerous times(Mostly at one account) but it's an easy thing to try, if not try booting with HDD unplugged and see if it at least comes up but codes out.
    “Boring damned people. All over the earth. Propagating more boring damned people. What a horror show. The earth swarmed with them.” Buk

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tr210907 View Post

I also have a copier at a bank (MX-M450) that responds the same way, there must be a bad font in some of their software.

Technician

Replying to "tcypy1961" I have had many of these on all the ARM455-MXM450 series. It is always a computer with the wrong drivers on it. IT guys are lazy and put on the first driver they find and will not believe you when you tell them the solution. If you can't find the computer causing the problem you may have to resort to changing the machines IP address and then the port on every computer. With portable devices these days it could even be someones IPhone or tablet causing the problem.