Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Technician

mxm-904 F1-00 error code

A little history about this mfp. The mfp lost one leg of power at the wall (power loss). It caused the pwb, the option pwb, and the dc pwb to get damaged. Recently within the past 3 months, the mfp was giving a F1-00 error code, relating to a communication error between the finisher and the mfp. I isolated the source of the problem to be the punch unit by disconnecting the punch unit. I suspect the punch motor or the punch pwb were damaged, causing a rise in current either through the board, or vise versa, when the mfp lost power. Now I am attempting to find the part number of the punch motor, (the motor that drives the punching unit that makes the holes in the documents), section 3 [PUNCH SECTION] of the parts guide for the MX_FN24. The item that I need is attached to part number 12-0PPB7025301. In the schematic the motor is not present. I also called Sharp, they know about the problem, have experience with the problem, but no tech tips were ever created about this error, no paper trail for a fix. I am in a hard spot because my service manager wants hard evidence of this tech tip that cannot be provided from the manufacturer. The mfp works fine without the punch unit connected to the board, but the customer wants to use the punch unit obviously. Any suggestions on how I can find the part number for this punch motor?
    Respectfully,
    BenAlvarez

Re: mxm-904 F1-00 error code

Advance in your parts manual by 2 pages and it will show you both motors that are in the punch unit.

Technician

I did advance two pages, Sir Spanky. The part that is part #12 on that schematic is not even on the same assy. that I need. That motor is square, whereas the motor I need is more cylindrical is shape. The motor I require is on the part of the punch that is found in section 3, assy. #11, the motor that is supposed to be attached to the harness on part #12. I have tried to call Sharp tech support, and they can't find the motor I need either. Hence the reason for this thread.

The Wolf 2,500+ Posts mojorolla's Avatar

I remember those days calling Sharp to find the part number for an MFP pwb on MX-311. It was completely missing from a version on the parts manual. Good times!!

There is an internal Sharp bulletin board in Sharptech. It is not used that often but it is exclusive to Sharp and other Sharp dealerships.

Failing to plan is planning to fail!!!