Hello,

I have rescued a Sharp AR-M207 ARM207 from going to the landfill. I am a retired hobbyist.

According to the maintenance.exe program, I have old firmware on this machine and am seeking a firmware update files for Dec 2006 or later.

This later version(s) of the firmware has a change to relax the test threshold for white balance that often causes E711 errors.
Without the new firmware, I am unable to make color scans although greyscale works (via button manager but not via Powerdesk)

I have cleaned the optics and reference white card as recommended... but am still getting E711 errors.
This was a well-known issue back in 2006 and that's why the firmware was changed in Dec 2006.
Specifically, MCU v2.05 has the changes I need. I am currently stuck at version v2.04

Can anyone please share more recent firmware files for this old machine please?

I have spent MANY hours on the phone talking to Sharp support and Sharp dealers but am getting nowhere.
They have simply washed their hands of this machine and basically expect people to just buy new machines.

It would have been infinitely preferable if the original firmware issued a warning and allowed users to continue scanning with possibly degraded color results.
Instead, the machine just refuses to cooperate.
I am not looking for perfect color scans... I just need to get past this total impasse. I can use color-editing software to tweak my scanned images if necessary.

Thanks in advance