Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Sharp & HP Tech 100+ Posts austonrush's Avatar

MX3110N (No network Connectivity)

Hey Guys,

I have a Sharp MX3110N that I'm having an issue with. It boots perfectly and you can copy with it (no error codes or lag) but, when I plug the ethernet cable in it does not light up or connect to the network. I've tried 2 cables and to seperate wall jacks. I've also got another printer in the office and when I plug it in it works fine.

Below are the LED lights on the board (sorry for the poor quality).
    -4 solid green LEDS on top
    -4 solid LEDS at the bottom of the board.

The service manual is not helping me much on this one. Any help or ideas would be appreciated! Normally when these board go bad, the copier freezes or gets super laggy or I get an error code.

MX3110N Board.jpg

Kindest Regards,
    Brandon

Senior member of CRS 2,500+ Posts

Re: MX3110N (No network Connectivity)

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon55 View Post
    Hey Guys,

I have a Sharp MX3110N that I'm having an issue with. It boots perfectly and you can copy with it (no error codes or lag) but, when I plug the ethernet cable in it does not light up or connect to the network. I've tried 2 cables and to seperate wall jacks. I've also got another printer in the office and when I plug it in it works fine.

Below are the LED lights on the board (sorry for the poor quality).
    -4 solid green LEDS on top
    -4 solid LEDS at the bottom of the board.

The service manual is not helping me much on this one. Any help or ideas would be appreciated! Normally when these board go bad, the copier freezes or gets super laggy or I get an error code.

MX3110N Board.jpg

Kindest Regards,
    Brandon
    Are you able to get in test commands, if so, try a 67-17 printer clear.
    You should also reset the NIC in admin mode. Clear the Job log, make sure multicast is off and WSD is disabled.
    Green lights are good, as long as there are not flashing (usually is sequence, indicating where the trouble is located).
    "You can't trust your eyes, if your mind is out of focus" --

Thanks for your response. I'm heading back tomorrow morning, what are you referring to when you use the term multicast? Are speaking about turning that off on the router? They currently don't have a server and use a sonciwall router/firewall for all network traffic. I already reset the nic however I did not turn off WSD on the copier. I'll try that as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon55 View Post
    Thanks for your response. I'm heading back tomorrow morning, what are you referring to when you use the term multicast? Are speaking about turning that off on the router? They currently don't have a server and use a sonciwall router/firewall for all network traffic. I already reset the nic however I did not turn off WSD on the copier. I'll try that as well.
    Sorry, it's actually "Use Multicast Discovery' (uncheck it) in the WSD settings of the Print Port Settings.
    If the NIC reset didn't help, sim 67-17 might help, if not, you probably have a bad MFP pwb.

I've heard that if you disable network auto speed negotiation this will stop the machine trying to continually
    handshake network speed with the router/switch. It will lock in 100mbps network speed if sim 55-3, sw 6,
    bit 1 is changed to a 1, and bits 2 through 8 are zeros.
    Let us know what fixes the problem, please.

Hey Guys,

Sorry I forgot the reply to what the solution to this was. I ran a new ethernet cable to the there switch rack. I plugged into the same port the other cable was using and this solved the issue. It does not really explain why the Xerox worked on the old line and the Sharp didn't. However a quick wiring job solved the problem so I was happy. Thanks for all your help