Awesome Sauce 250+ Posts User Name's Avatar

MX-4100N - General Tips or Info on this model?

Hey guys,

I've been out of the copier world for nearly a year now but looks like I'll be working on a MX-4100N at my new job for now. I have very little training on Sharp machines and I was wondering if anyone could give me a few pointers? Does this model have any particular quirks that are worth noting? This particular machine has a fusing issue I'm told (haven't looked at it yet myself) but it might be good for me to know which Sim is for the fuser temp settings.

I put in a request for a service manual in that section of the forum so if I can get a hold of that, I should be pretty alright with everything else. But any words of wisdom are always appreciated. Thanks in advance!
    Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you.
    O.o

WARNING: My profile page can cause blindness in small children and old copier techs. View at your own risk.

Sharp & HP Tech 100+ Posts austonrush's Avatar

Re: MX-4100N - General Tips or Info on this model?

Sure here is a tip for you

- The Toner supply tubes clog up on this unit quite often; they are easy to remove so at least that is a bonus. If you get an F2-6* error which happens often or the developer reading in sim 25-1 is below 20 or above 200, it is almost always a clogged tube. Once clearing the tube you'll need to replace the developer. The key is to remove the clog before putting in the developer as the new developer will temporarily clear your error and before you know it you'll require another bag of developer . That gets pricey in a hurry, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon55 View Post
    Sure here is a tip for you

- The Toner supply tubes clog up on this unit quite often; they are easy to remove so at least that is a bonus. If you get an F2-6* error which happens often or the developer reading in sim 25-1 is below 20 or above 200, it is almost always a clogged tube. Once clearing the tube you'll need to replace the developer. The key is to remove the clog before putting in the developer as the new developer will temporarily clear your error and before you know it you'll require another bag of developer . That gets pricey in a hurry, lol.
    Good to know! I had training on Sharps for less than a month but I'm certain I've seen this before in a black and white model. I'll be sure to keep an eye out for that!
    Thanks for the tip!
    O.o

WARNING: My profile page can cause blindness in small children and old copier techs. View at your own risk.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

On all ours, when fuser reach 100k, ledger starts to get paper creases. We have to increase FSM value by at least +5 in sim 48-6 to avoid this trouble.
    Th.

Quote Originally Posted by onetek View Post
    On all ours, when fuser reach 100k, ledger starts to get paper creases. We have to increase FSM value by at least +5 in sim 48-6 to avoid this trouble.
    Th.
    I don't think any Ledger paper will be used in this machine but good to know. Thanks!
    O.o

Just in case anyone wanted to know how the fix went, it was not the fuser. Secondary transfer belt got out of place somehow causing a clicking noise and ghosting. Got that back in place, also cleaned the black drum unit, and did the auto color calibration and now the copy quality seems pretty good. Thanks again guys for the advice about other things to lookout for!
    Last edited by User Name; 02-04-2016 at 06:34 PM.
    O.o

Technician

When rebuilding fuser be careful to route all cables correctly as I've seen instances were the cabling in and around the pressure roller release mechanism aren't put into the correct routing channels of the plastic casing and the machine spectacularly blows the 10amp fuse on the AC power supply while also knocking out the customers power supply.