Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Sharp MX-3110N L4-06 Error Code

Question Sharp MX-3110N L4-06 Error Code

Good afternoon all. I have an MX-3110N with an L4-06 error code. I Just changed the Transfer Belt. I would like to change the sensor. Can some body help with the part number to the position sensor (part number). Thanks

L4-06 Transfer unit lift trouble
    A change in the primary transfer position sensor cannot be detected within the specified time in lifting operation of the primary transfer unit.
    Transfer unit position sensor trouble Dirt on the transfer unit position sensor. PCU PWB trouble Connection trouble of the connector and the harness. Transfer unit lift mechanism trouble Primary transfer belt unit is not installed. Use SIM6-3 to check the separating operation of the transfer unit. Install the primary transfer belt unit. Replace the transfer unit position sensor. Clean the transfer unit position sensor. Replace the PCU PWB. Check connection of the connector and the harness. Repair the transfer unit lift mechanism.
    "Broken again"

Senior member of CRS 2,500+ Posts

Re: Sharp MX-3110N L4-06 Error Code

Quote Originally Posted by sagar4 View Post
    Good afternoon all. I have an MX-3110N with an L4-06 error code. I Just changed the Transfer Belt. I would like to change the sensor. Can some body help with the part number to the position sensor (part number). Thanks

L4-06 Transfer unit lift trouble
    A change in the primary transfer position sensor cannot be detected within the specified time in lifting operation of the primary transfer unit.
    Transfer unit position sensor trouble Dirt on the transfer unit position sensor. PCU PWB trouble Connection trouble of the connector and the harness. Transfer unit lift mechanism trouble Primary transfer belt unit is not installed. Use SIM6-3 to check the separating operation of the transfer unit. Install the primary transfer belt unit. Replace the transfer unit position sensor. Clean the transfer unit position sensor. Replace the PCU PWB. Check connection of the connector and the harness. Repair the transfer unit lift mechanism.
    Clean the sensor first - it's prone to collect toner and or developer.
    "You can't trust your eyes, if your mind is out of focus" --

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Cool Re: Sharp MX-3110N L4-06 Error Code

Quote Originally Posted by ZOOTECH View Post
    Clean the sensor first - it's prone to collect toner and or developer.

I did clean it but still error comes back. Happen once before and worked good for about 5 months. But now it is back thats why I figured I would replace transfer belt but still no good. Cleaned sensor still no good. Thanks for the fast reply.
    "Broken again"

Senior member of CRS 2,500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sagar4 View Post
    I did clean it but still error comes back. Happen once before and worked good for about 5 months. But now it is back thats why I figured I would replace transfer belt but still no good. Cleaned sensor still no good. Thanks for the fast reply.
    The sensor is not on the PTB1, it is on the rear frame; which you already know, if you cleaned it already.
    So it's the sensor, wiring, or the PCU pub.
    "You can't trust your eyes, if your mind is out of focus" --

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Cool Re: Sharp MX-3110N L4-06 Error Code

Quote Originally Posted by ZOOTECH View Post
    The sensor is not on the PTB1, it is on the rear frame; which you already know, if you cleaned it already.
    So it's the sensor, wiring, or the PCU pub.

Okay thanks for the update. The problem I have is I can not find the part number for those parts. If you would happen to have them that would be awesome. Thanks
    "Broken again"

Technician

I had this on a different color machine. It was for a bad gear that was slipping on the back of the drum unit

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts ntbann's Avatar

VHPSG2481++-1

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

I have run into several aries series(2610-3610) with intermittent L4-06 and or C4-00(even after new transfer board) , I found replacing the transfer belt position clutches and MFP-TB-1272 . the clutches appear to be slipping more with age and adding the extra clips to the shaft keeps the clutch tight and less slipping. I replace the clutches anyway as you have to remove them to install the new shafts and clips.