Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

MX-2300N receives faxes blank if at all

Yes....there is still a 2300 out there. Up until two days ago everything was fine. Now the machine rings, performs the handshake, shows a data light, then comes up with "Selected Servers not found".
    The machine copies, prints, and self-prints fine. We had a spare MX-FXX1 in the shop, but got the exact same result.
    Occasionally it does spit out a blank page at the end of the process, but more often nothing at all happens. I went to the web page to turn off forwarding, but got the same results.
    No work done recently on customers phone service. We have eliminated the phone cord and the filter as possible problems.
    Hope someone has seen something similar.
    Thanks

Service Manager 250+ Posts SwisSeV's Avatar

Re: MX-2300N receives faxes blank if at all

Just want to make sure you didn't get any error codes.

Have you tried receiving from multiple senders?

If it's not the senders, line, or fxx1 unit, than it's the machine. I would make sure the receiving settings didn't get messed with.
    Might be a memory problem. Sim 66 gets you into the fax settings on the machine side. You can clear/check the memory from there but I cant see how that would help considering you already switched the unit out.

I'm curious what the solution is, I have a few of these machines out there too.

If it says selected servers can not be found tjen it is trying to forward the fax to a location on the network

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Spanky is right. The customer finally admitted to trying to set up forwarding. We went to the web page and closed down the address and the forwarding, but we still have the same problem. We are missing something simple at this point, and I'm at the 'can't see the forest for the trees' point.

You don't know what else the customer has adjusted trying to get the fax forwarding to work.

I would do a complete machine reset to factory settings.

You can backup the network settings and address book before you do the reset and push them back into the machine after the reset.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Fortunately one of our network guys stumbled across what the customer had done before we had to reset everything. All is well again in sunny NW Florida.