Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Setting up MX-B201D with computer with windows 10 m=system not acknowleding printer

Thumbs up Setting up MX-B201D with computer with windows 10 m=system not acknowleding printer

have MX-B201D which has copy/ print/fax/scan

Have computer with windows 10/ 64bit

Did not have disc. Downloaded software from sharpusa. This is what I downloaded:

windows 64 bit os driver package including pcl_ps_ppd_twain driver with MX-NB11 software for MX-B201D

Windows software option package including button manager(GDI) software for MX-B201D

connected computer to usb port

Should I have connected to Ethernet . I thought that scan option required connection to usb port.

Your help is very much appreciated. This is for myself I'm my home and not for customer. Frank/ActionPhotocopy

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Setting up MX-B201D with computer with windows 10 m=system not acknowleding printer

Re: Setting up MX-B201D with computer with windows 10 m=system not acknowleding print

Scanning has to be done via Ethernet.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Re: Setting up MX-B201D with computer with windows 10 m=system not acknowleding print

If you are hooking up with USB you need the GDI drivers.

Windows 64 bit OS Driver Package Includes: SPLC(GDI), TWAIN Scan (GDI) Driver Without MX-NB11 Software for MXB201D
    http://siica.sharpusa.com/portals/0/...ar(LCD)W-O.zip

If you have the NB11 network expansion you can use the PCL 6 drivers then install sharpdesk to do scanning.

The GDI drivers should allow you to see the copier as a scanner. IF you enter devices and printers you should be able to Right click on it and do "START SCAN". Thats how it worked on windows 7. Ive never tried on 10.
    Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.
    Its all shits and giggles until some body giggles and shits...