Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Replacement of drum + blade + developer on MX-M354N and question on   SIM  25-2

Thumbs up Replacement of drum + blade + developer on MX-M354N and question on SIM 25-2

My first time replacing developer on MX-M354N in the MX-M264N series. I will do a simulation 25-1 to run developer and drum for 3 minute. Then I will do a 25-2 simulation .

The service manual says nothing about cheating front door etc as I thought I had read recently. Please advise as i want to do this correctly and customer has recently had developer spillage issues . Your help is appreciated very much.I had ordered process unit as well in case it is needed although main charger looked okay. Frank/ActionPhotocopy

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts bilyahn's Avatar

Re: Replacement of drum + blade + developer on MX-M354N and question on SIM 25-2

You need to review the manual again. 2 important things. Do not do 25-1! Make sure you do not put the toner cartridge in the unit until AFTER you perform 25-2. Since you are doing drum and developer I would also do the calibration sims 44-2, 44-6, 44-26 and 46 (not sure which one for this model but I always do 74 if it's there if not then 46-24)

Good luck.

Bil

Senior Tech 250+ Posts harleyrider's Avatar

Re: Replacement of drum + blade + developer on MX-M354N and question on SIM 25-2

Read the installation manual it is all in there.

I encounter dev spills on thud family quite a bit sadly. Potentially VAC in causing issues, however I've found replacing the transfer roller at PM stops it and minimizes the spill. I've gone through trying to replace the HVPS PWB the only thing ghat made a difference wad the transfer. You do not need to trick the door during 25-1 or 25-2. Just ensure the toner cartridge isn't installed during 25-2.