Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    alexromp

Question Donated MX-B402SC Needs Firmware

A client of mine is a non-profit and received a Sharp MX-B402SC as a donation (we help with their IT needs). It's a lot nicer than their current one so they're eager to get it going. However, when it's powered on, the display shows icum:rom unusual. I'm told the company that donated it (understandably) wiped the drive on the unit before donating it to avoid any data leakage.

From what I have gathered on this site, I can load the firmware on a USB drive to reload it so its operational, however I can't find anywhere to download it. Is this something that's available online or only through authorized partners? I hadn't yet contacted a local Sharp service company because I didn't want my client to incur additional costs if there was an alternative. If not, then we'll manage but I at least wanted to ask first.

I appreciate any assistance.

Thanks!
    -Alex

Senior Tech 250+ Posts driving lots of miles's Avatar

Re: Donated MX-B402SC Needs Firmware

Quote Originally Posted by alexromp View Post
    A client of mine is a non-profit and received a Sharp MX-B402SC as a donation (we help with their IT needs). It's a lot nicer than their current one so they're eager to get it going. However, when it's powered on, the display shows icum:rom unusual. I'm told the company that donated it (understandably) wiped the drive on the unit before donating it to avoid any data leakage.

From what I have gathered on this site, I can load the firmware on a USB drive to reload it so its operational, however I can't find anywhere to download it. Is this something that's available online or only through authorized partners? I hadn't yet contacted a local Sharp service company because I didn't want my client to incur additional costs if there was an alternative. If not, then we'll manage but I at least wanted to ask first.

I appreciate any assistance.

Thanks!
    -Alex
    As the firmware is on the password protected site you will need to go through your local Sharp service company.