Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Service Manager 250+ Posts nottoosharp's Avatar

Re: copies great, but prints...

As I previously stated I think it may be an issue with the SD card. However I'm having issues with replacing it due to the data security kit. Before posting here I tried to look up how to exchange the card. Being pretty new to the industry sometimes my research can be a bit clumsy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ZOOTECH View Post
    I am surprised that you got through Sim 50-22 without an error. If copy calibration goes OK, make sure your memory chips have been reseated. Also, reset you printer memory (Sim 67 something, sorry no manuals available).
    I will be sure to try your suggestions. Thank you for the advice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Check toner save settings on 26-18 are not enabled, or via web GUI on energy save tab

Quote Originally Posted by nottoosharp View Post
    I'm working on am mx-5111n that makes amazing copies, but print side is washed out. I have changed out parts from another machine one at a time in hopes of finding the bad component, or components. Still has the same issue. Having done some research I found it may be the SD card. This unit has a DSK so I can't just swap out the card. I could use some help. I have access to manuals, and maybe I'm just looking in the wrong place for answers.
    WE have resolved the issue. As I initially thought it was the SD card. We could not replace the card without updating the firmware. What I did not realize was that the emergency firmware update requires that the only file on the thumb drive be the firmware. During an emergency firmware update as soon as the machine powers on it reads the thumb drive. with no chance to select the correct file the MFP tries to load the first file it comes to. Pictures of my car dont work well as firmware. This is why on previous attempts the update failed. My ever industrious boss figured it out. I want to thank those of you that took time to reply to this post for your advice, and thoughts on this.

Quote Originally Posted by nottoosharp View Post
    I'm working on am mx-5111n that makes amazing copies, but print side is washed out. I have changed out parts from another machine one at a time in hopes of finding the bad component, or components. Still has the same issue. Having done some research I found it may be the SD card. This unit has a DSK so I can't just swap out the card. I could use some help. I have access to manuals, and maybe I'm just looking in the wrong place for answers.
    <br>
    WE (my boss) have resolved the issue. As I initially thought it was the SD card. We could not replace the card without updating the firmware. What I did not realize was that the emergency firmware update requires that the only file on the thumb drive be the firmware. During an emergency firmware update as soon as the machine powers on it reads the thumb drive. with no chance to select the correct file the MFP tries to load the first file it comes to. Pictures of my car dont work well as firmware. &nbsp;This is why on previous attempts the update failed. My ever industrious boss figured it out. I want to thank those of you that took time to reply to this post for your advice, and thoughts on this. &nbsp;&nbsp;