Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Sharp AR M350N toner problem. two new toners and still says "check the toner cartridg

customer called last week and needed new toner. i sent a compatible from reputable source. customer said same thing. i went out and everything looked good. i resent another compatible and again, same thing. i went back out and the display said "check the toner cartridge. (code: F2-02). but after trying to reset it, it went to the "check toner cartridge". Hytec told me that if the control board is bad, it wont recognize the CRUM chip on toner and kills the crum chip. that i would need to replace the PCB board and a new toner.
    i removed the toner motor behind the board and tried to see if it would turn, but apparently after its asking for toner it wont attempt to tone up. even after a sim. 14 and also a sim 16 clear, it boots up into the check toner. never tries to load toner. i forgot about the sim. 10 toner feed, so i will have to go back.

my question, i was wondering if this box is like the Lanier 445C (Ricoh aficio MP C4500), in that if it has several toner feed failures in a row, it will kill the CRUM chip. so after replacing the toner pump on that one, i also had to install yet another toner. if the Sharp toner motor was bad, would it do the same thing??? if so, is there a source for a new CRUM chip?
    any help would be greatly appreciated. have a great weekend, Jim

Service Manager 250+ Posts nottoosharp's Avatar

Re: Sharp AR M350N toner problem. two new toners and still says "check the toner cart

Have you checked to see that the gears turn on the toner cartridges? I've had ten calls of a similar nature when using non OEM toner this summer. Also remove toner motor and execute sim 10 to check if motor engages. Recently had a motor fry from clumped toner jamming it up. I've never had a sharp kill the crumb chip before. Be sure that toner pipes are clear, and clean machine contacts with electro-contact cleaner. Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Sharp AR M350N toner problem. two new toners and still says "check the toner cart

Quote Originally Posted by nottoosharp View Post
    Have you checked to see that the gears turn on the toner cartridges? I've had ten calls of a similar nature when using non OEM toner this summer. Also remove toner motor and execute sim 10 to check if motor engages. Recently had a motor fry from clumped toner jamming it up. I've never had a sharp kill the crumb chip before. Be sure that toner pipes are clear, and clean machine contacts with electro-contact cleaner. Good luck

thank you Nottoosharp. i will go back and do the sim 10. wish i had remembered yesterday. i really appreciate your input. Hytech always points to a board, even when its likely not. they still win, i still loose. have a great weekend.

I've had machines that as they aged refused to except non-OEM toner

I've had machines that as they aged refused to except non-OEM toner

really? ok, im already in this for 2 toners, going on 3 trips, and whats weard, if the chip is still good, why wont it try to tone up. just constantly shows the check toner cartridge. and p. roller has no stock on the motor. i have another source, but its days away by UPS.

I've been trying to figure that exact same thing out for quite a while. Perhaps if you have a partial OEM toner that will fit the machine give it a shot and if you have access to another machine try putting one of the "bad toners" and that and see what happens

I've been trying to figure that exact same thing out for quite a while. Perhaps if you have a partial OEM toner that will fit the machine give it a shot and if you have access to another machine try putting one of the "bad toners" and that and see what happens

great idea. but my only other AR M350 is 14 miles away towards downtown. and i have learned, dont mess with a good machine from a different customer. i am going back there now to run a sim 10. let you know the outcome. i also found the CRUM chips on amazon, so i could possibly make a good one with that?

I don't know, but please let me know the outcome.

Service Manager 250+ Posts SwisSeV's Avatar

I have had bad toner clog up the shutter on the DV unit. The toner kept trying to dump on top of the shutter and backed up into the cartrage. The only way to fix it was to take the DV shutter apart, clean it and replace the bad toner.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts danceswrabbit's Avatar

seems like i had a seized dv unit do this, just a thought.