Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Service Manager 250+ Posts nottoosharp's Avatar

Re: Sharp AR M350N toner problem. two new toners and still says "check the toner cart

There are so many different ideas on this. This is a great group

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Re: Sharp AR M350N toner problem. two new toners and still says "check the toner cart

i am not sure where the past posts on this thread went that mentioned the sim 25-01 number, and also the toner sensor. the mag brush seemed well toned up. as i said the dev unit was easy to turn and is in fact turning. i haven't gotten a reply from the customer to do the board. now wondering if the machine can set the crum chip to be spent if it has a fixed number of tone up or under tone cycles. i suppose it could also be the toner sensor. i was only going by memory as to the number i saw for the 25-01. thought it was 190, but i suppose it could have been 109?. the toner cartridge was easy to turn one way, not the other, the toner motor was strong and i couldn't stall it with my fingers. but the drum was dusted with a coating so, i looked for erase lamps and didn't see any? odd. they have a dirty floor and i was tired of touching it with my clean cloths. i guess i will wait to see. if its not the board, its $45.00 for the test and return shipping i think.
    thank you for all your input. it really helps. have a great day, Jim

There are no quenching lamps. But a parts machine for a couple hundo and swap out parts

Change the toner motor . i done more than 20 units on this tiger/jupiter1 series, all toner problem solved.

sim 10 test the toner motor, look at the motor turn direction because i found that it sometime turn clockwise instead of c/cw

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    Sharp AR M350N toner problem. two new toners and still says "check the toner cartridg

It doesn't bother me that you can't take the time to read the 25-01 toner density number.

In the end it's still your problem to solve, and I won't continue to waste my comments on deaf ears. If you change your mind about doing a proper examination of the problem, please let me know. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Quote Originally Posted by blackcat4866 View Post
    It doesn't bother me that you can't take the time to read the 25-01 toner density number.

In the end it's still your problem to solve, and I won't continue to waste my comments on deaf ears. If you change your mind about doing a proper examination of the problem, please let me know. =^..^=
    If you read the entire thread it clearly states that he has read the toner density levels. The bigger issue is why would someone spend $1000 dollars on service for a $300 dollar machine?

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

the bigger issue at hand is, what in the world are you referring too? where did this 1000 dollars come from? i haven't spent a dime. the customer paid for a toner. the vendor sent them a second as i believed it to be defective. believe it or not, i do know the xerographic process. someone is jumping the gun and going off on tangents it seems. the customer hasn't wanted to replace the board for 250, so its a done deal. thanks for the input when it applies. get ready for another week, Jim

I was referring to labor costs and travel time as well. Including the amount of time it takes researching and stuff like that that other productive things could be done by knowing exactly what your business overhead is anything over 7-8 hours would be pretty salty.