Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts JLSam's Avatar

Re: Why is sharp tech support so grumpy?

Quote Originally Posted by serviceman678 View Post
    maybe because they are about to loose their jobs sharp is in big time financial distress and they are in negotiations for selling out
    Didn't Foxxcon purchase Sharp already?

In either case. I feel bad for tech support, sometimes I call them for the stupidest reasons, but hey, they are my support. If I'm stumped, I call.

Remember the Panasonic support. These guys were really good.
    Also from Kyocera, they where really helpful.

Now you have to report your problem via email and submit all kinds of information like management lists...
    Not allowed to phone them any more
    Whatever

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    Why is sharp tech support so grumpy?

Quote Originally Posted by allan View Post
    Remember the Panasonic support. These guys were really good...
    I do remember Panasonic support. I would set up 6 hours worth of in-shop work, near a phone with speaker functions. Every two minutes you had to press 1 to remain on hold, otherwise you were dropped. It never took less than 3 hours to reach a live human, and often more.

I had to make up a script of questions to ask, because by the time I got somebody I was nearly too angry to speak. Definitely too angry to think coherently. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NeoMatrix View Post
    Haha ... there no such thing as an "unknown, unknown,( not even in a empirical sense), because the two negations make it therefore a "known".... It's a bit like saying have a not unnice day.

I didn't read the "Rummy" post but I found the above funny...

It reminds me of Rummy's associate in higher office around the same time, who made the now world famous quote "Is our children learning."

May all those in Tech support have a not un-nice day....
    PROOF that politicians are IDIOTS!!!.......poly = many, ticks = blood suckers!

REACH FOR THE STARS!!!
    Konica Minolta Planetariums!
    https://www.konicaminolta.com/planet...gma/index.html

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts subaro's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by allan View Post
    Remember the Panasonic support. These guys were really good.
    Also from Kyocera, they where really helpful.

Now you have to report your problem via email and submit all kinds of information like management lists...
    Not allowed to phone them any more

I only call tech support once in a blue moon. If my boss suggest i call tech support, i reply that i am tech support, as the other side is usually on a different Mhz. Of all the support i have used, Kyocera are the best, they are prompt, knows their stuff and also have a Q&A site that you can log calls if you don't have the time with the phone. log the call when you get a chance and check back later for the reply.
    Also i may add, kyocera service website are instant access, and downloads are super fast. i can open manuals right on their site and browse easily. Make the switch guys, it's worth it from a service point of view.

Saying the moon was blue was equivalent to saying the moon was made of green (or cream) cheese; it indicated an obvious absurdity. In the 19th century, the phrase until a blue moon developed, meaning "never." The phrase, once in a blue moon today has come to mean "every now and then" or "rarely"—whether it gained that meaning through association with the lunar event remains uncertain.
    THE ONLY THING FOR EVIL TO TRIUMPH IS FOR GOOD MEN TO DO NOTHING..........edmund burke

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by subaro View Post
    I only call tech support once in a blue moon. If my boss suggest i call tech support, i reply that i am tech support, as the other side is usually on a different Mhz. Of all the support i have used, Kyocera are the best, they are prompt, knows their stuff and also have a Q&A site that you can log calls if you don't have the time with the phone. log the call when you get a chance and check back later for the reply.
    Also i may add, kyocera service website are instant access, and downloads are super fast. i can open manuals right on their site and browse easily. Make the switch guys, it's worth it from a service point of view.

Saying the moon was blue was equivalent to saying the moon was made of green (or cream) cheese; it indicated an obvious absurdity. In the 19th century, the phrase until a blue moon developed, meaning "never." The phrase, once in a blue moon today has come to mean "every now and then" or "rarely"—whether it gained that meaning through association with the lunar event remains uncertain.
    If you notice about the newer "02" series Kyocera TaskAlfa machines, they've pretty much made all the PM maintenance "tool-less"!...fuser pops out!....rear panel...one screw at top left corner....unscrew, slide panel off!....paper feed units unclip and slide out to replace feed tires! Beats the SHIT out of RICOH!....the "other" brand we work on....the "red-haired" step-child in the corner of the room!

REACH FOR THE STARS!!!
    Konica Minolta Planetariums!
    https://www.konicaminolta.com/planet...gma/index.html