Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Imagistics 4510 Questions

We fixed one by replacing the long belt that drives tray 3 (left side LCC feed). It was slipping and you could barely hear it once in a while. Never liked those things.
    Also, the guide bar that holds the pinch rollers against the lowest vertical path rollers of the main engine cube was modified. It used to be made of a clear plastic that kind of flopped around and warped. The replacement one made of grey plastic was better. May or may not be related.

The vertical path door on the left side also had silver pressure springs applying pressure to the white vertical pinch rollers. These were modified and the new style has a black coating on the springs. Stronger tension. You can try to hold the door in with your hands while operating it if it is a frequent jammer. That might lead you in the right direction.
    3-tray desks were much more reliable.

Mountain Tech 50+ Posts
    Update on experiments..... You cannot get a valid product key through Sharp for this machine. I used the machine serial number but said it was the Sharp eqivalent (ARM450U) but when I put the product key in, the MPF said it was not valid. I'm not even going to attempt a firmware upgrade now.

Sharp toner should work

I have a tons of Ar-m's, and just recently found one of theses Imagistics Im4510 in a customers office.

He wants cheaper toner and for me to fix the squeak. While fixing the squeak I tried an image unit out of one of our sharps. Turns out the toner would not fit. Found four metal tabs , on the image unit, that can be bent down for a combination of different manufactures. Bent all the tabs up and then the toner slid in no problem.

Also used my sharp desk disc to setup scanning for this machine. No problem.

I would bet the chip is the same. You just need to modify the image unit tabs.

Mountain Tech 50+ Posts
    [quote=Jaws;44350]

Also used my sharp desk disc to setup scanning for this machine. No problem.

quote]

I'm using the Sharp Desk Program with the scanner trial. What I need to do is to enable the network scanning in the MPF, we are trying to scan in all of our post records, and there are approxiately 5k items to scan.

Customer bought the scan function just never had it installed on computer.

You will probably have to buy the license from imagistics.

Technician

Re: Question sharp arm450 jamming in lcc

Quote Originally Posted by JONATHAN View Post
    I have a machine sharp ARM450 keeps in jamming in the LCC tray (left side) the right side is working great but when they add paper in the left side keeps jamming, it will work probaly 10 copies then jam again..i repace rollers left motor samething...anybody seen this
    Happens all the time...many reasons. 1) Disassemble the lower door and stretch the pressure springs to the verticle transport idle rollers 3/16" or so. I have found that as the rollers become aged, they fail to move the paper through. Increasing the pressure helps in most cases. 2) Clean and dry the 1-way bearing behind the feed roller, and buff the shaft with scotch brite. 3) Clean the verticle transport photointerruptor, buried in the rear, with compressed air (...or replace) 4) Ensure the paper empty actuator (tip) is not broken off. It should not 'fall through' the housing. View the one on the right side if in doubt about how it should be. 5) Place a mylar of some kind inside the front cover frame covering where the (right to left) transport deck has cut notches in the plastic. Use this idea if it jams feeding from the right side. The cuts affect the idle roller pressure and fails to drive the paper through. All about resistance...

Gotta love physics!

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Re: Imagistics 4510 Questions

I was looking for a cheap scan kit for an AR-M455 a month or two ago. Someone had the Imagistics scan kits advertised under Sharp copier stuff. I asked the seller about getting a product key for a Sharp, never received a reply, glad I didn't buy one after reading these posts.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Lightbulb Re: Imagistics 4510 Questions

on the lcc jamming issue....i have seen this on just about any 350-450/355-455 series machine or clone at one point or another. it is related to the clutches failing in the lcc drive unit. the new clutches are an improved part and will solve the jam issue once and for all. also make sure to check the torque limiters once you replace the clutches. has happened that a badly worn clutch has caused premature wear on the torque limiters they are associated with. there is a bulletin on this issue per sharp.

on the toners for imagistics....there are a couple ways to address this although ill give my opinion. i would send off the board to hytec dealer services and have them mod it to accept sharp arm450nt toners. it can be done and hytec will guarentee you it will work. much easier to do that then to find the crum chips in my opinion. cost is about 90 bucks total. second option is obviously to change the chips. but imagistics crum chips are hard to find and no longer being made. third option i have heard of but not verified is to flash the imagistics over to sharp firmware. basicly you would need a set of sharp firmware, or chips from another machine. i would suggest the chips, and then do a slot to slot copy in boot mode. I have used this mode to repair many sharps that have been flashed incorrectly, u to n and n to u etc or dsk problems. cant guarentee your outcome there.

on the scanner expansion issue. the imagistics kit will NOT work on a SHARP and vice versa. If you try it the numbers will come back invalid because there is a check digit in the key that identifies the manufactuer of the mfp its being installed on when it is registered. That is from SHARP who built these machines. even if you replaced every rom in the machine to match the expansion kit manufactuer, when you tried to use the serial number it would come back as invalid, and if you did a total reset under hidden test command and got a new serial the same result would occur. It would be easier and cheaper to get the correct kit, or buy a used mfp with the kit on it and swap the boards. buying a used machine is cheaper than buying a kit now days since these machines are quite dated. just a little food for thought.