Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mountain Tech 50+ Posts

Imagistics 4510 Questions

I have an Imagistics 4510 (ARM450) at my post. I need to know if the AR450NT cartrage is usable in this machine, and does a product key have to be issued by Oce, or can I get one from Sharp (for MX-NSX1). Also, does the firmware upgrade have to come from Oce or can I use Sharp's for the 450.

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts

Those are all excellent questions. I've only seen these machines from the Sharp side of the fence, so I can't make any comparisons.

This is just speculation: I'm thinking Oce' will want to issue their own product keys. The firmware is probably identical. The toner cartridges probably have a different drive coupler preventing interchanging of cartridges. I don't think the CRUM chips are a problem, just the couplers.

I'll be interested in the responses. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Service Manager 250+ Posts
    It is the crum chip. the sharp cartridge will fit if you break two small blades off the drum unit where the cartridge slides in. if you catch the toner nearly empty you can reuse the crum chip of the imagistics toner cartridge and use it on the sharp cartridge. if machine goes into adding toner, with no toner in the cartridge, it will blow the crum chip after so long of time. a used crum chip that is not blown will for for at least one more cartridge. don't know about the firmware. wish I did.

hollisizer
    I was considering buying some used imagistics equip and in doing some research this is what I found good luck!
    From What I understand ImageWorks has a compatible Toner that works for this model 1-800-805-3526...
    firmware issues may be answered by Copier clearence Center in CA. 1-916-923-6355
    (They sale used imagistics equip)

Mountain Tech 50+ Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hollisizer View Post
    I was considering buying some used imagistics equip and in doing some research this is what I found good luck!
    From What I understand ImageWorks has a compatible Toner that works for this model 1-800-805-3526...
    firmware issues may be answered by Copier clearence Center in CA. 1-916-923-6355
    (They sale used imagistics equip)
    I'll look them up, thanks! The cartridge in the machine now shows between 50-25% so I'll wait until it drops below 25% then refill it with the toner from the Sharp cartridge.

I'm going to try and get a product key for this machine from Sharp, I'll let everyone know if it worked or not.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

The firmware for most of the machine may work individually but if the SCANNER firmware is written with the Sharp version you will probably have a Sharp screen pop up on initialization. Your Custom Settings printout will show Sharp instead of Imagistics. Whether this matters to the customer or not is questionable.
    Also, the firmware may effect the way the chip is read on the cartridge? or may not be compatible with the PCU board.
    I heard that Hytec can modify the PCU board to accept Sharp toner.

The Sharp product keys are issued to match the engine number of the machine. Sharp machines have serial numbers that begin with a number and end with a number from 0-9 or an X or Y (Y is for December, the first number, if is a 4 for example, would indicate 2004 model).

I think the Imagistics box will have a Sharp style engine number but don't know if the numbers will have been restricted to only work with OCE product codes. Hopefully you have another Sharp machine you can use the scanner key on if it doesn't work.

You may need an OCE dealer to process an application number through their website access to give you the actual product key to enter into the machine.

Also, I was under the impression that most of the Imagistics machines came standard with a 10GB hard drive and the AR-NSX1 scan kit pre-installed.
    Blah, Blah, Blah...

Mountain Tech 50+ Posts
    The machine is installed at the local American Legion Post, which I donated and I'm the commander. I haven't had the time to try these experiments yet, but I will try it! I'm like blackcat, a Sharp tech for the last 8 years, but I have never tried to anything like this.

JONATHAN

imagistics 4510

toner for sharp doesnt work for imagistics 4510(unless chip is replace..product key also you have to get from oce imagistics because its base on a serial no .and G no.evrything else is the same

JONATHAN

Question sharp arm450 jamming in lcc

I have a machine sharp ARM450 keeps in jamming in the LCC tray (left side) the right side is working great but when they add paper in the left side keeps jamming, it will work probaly 10 copies then jam again..i repace rollers left motor samething...anybody seen this

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts

I've fixed a few of these AR-D13N/D14 decks with vertical path rollers (jam codes MPFDNTD).

I've had two of these decks that jammed ~1 of 50 pgs. Between two us us every single part between the left deck and the registration assy were replaced (and still jammed). We even put a different deck under one of them, and it still jammed.

In the end both these machines were traded in. I realize that this doesn't help you much. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=