Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Pilgrim

SF-2214 (I got it for free)

Hello All,

I posted a thread about this maching about 3 weeks ago but I was unable to locate it when I did a search.

I have been told that this unit is a piece of cra%. That I understand... but I got it for free and it only has 25,000 copies on it.

I purchased a manual from "manuals4you" (by the way, chill out man).

When I try to make a copy the paper goes in about 2 or 3 inches and then stops and gives a jamb message.

I know it is a piece of junk but if I can repair it for a reasonable amount or find another one for parts it might be worth it???????????????????

Any suggestions welcome.

Thanks... I love you all.

Pilgrim

Mountain Tech 50+ Posts
    Replace your feed tires. I don't think that the SF2214 is a bad machine, just outdated.

Pilgrim

Thanks

Thank you...

Wow! That sounds a little bit like me.

Regards,

Pilgrim

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts

For the sake of a search, the SF2114, 2214, 2314, 2414, & 2514 all are built on the same platform.

I've got (4) for you:

1) Misfeeds 1 out of 5, at the vertical feed roller on SF-2014, 2214. Defective vertical path roller and/or one-way gear. Clean the rear one-way bearing & lubricate lightly with light oil, or replace the Paper Feed Assembly (CFRM-0805DS51).

2) Misfeeds from the paper tray on SF-2414. Dirty registration sensor. Clean the registration sensor.

3) Misfeeds from the paper tray. Registration varies, on SF-2414. Defective registration clutch. Replace the registration clutch (PCLC-0235FCZZ).

4) Misfeeds intermittently from the paper tray on SF-2414. Separation torque limiter binds, dry and packed with paper dust. Clean paper feed tires. Clean & grease the separation torque limiter.

The best way to diagnose dried out rubber rollers is to clean them with Martin Roller Rejuvenator or Orange Solvent. The machine fill feed properly until the rollers dry, then the problem returns.

Use IBM23 Grease or Canon Silicone Clutch Grease to lubricate the torque limiter.

Do not clean Neoprene Rollers with anything harsher than glass cleaner. You can identify neoprene rollers by their translucency (almost clear). Neoprene absorbs solvents and after a few treatments become the texture of pre-chewed bubble gum.

That should get you started. (You paid exactly what it's worth.) =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Spend the $100.00 to get a tech to look at it.
    It was free, invest the money into a local company to help the local economy.
    You never know, you may find a tech that knows the machine like his back hand and make it hum for cheap.
    He may even put it under a service agreement to keep it running.
    If you don't know how to fix it call someone who can and save the cost of your mistakes.
    Why do they call it common sense?

If it were common, wouldn't everyone have it?

Technician 250+ Posts
    I used to work on these all the time. At 25K you probably just need to replace the tires. The one way bearing on the feed roller is slipping. Also, if you open up the machine and look at the front there is a belt that goes around two gears. Looking from the front, if the gear on the right hand side is white then that should be replaced. The new style(if you can call it new) is a brown color.
    NROLR0878FCZZ pick up
    NROLR1049FCZ1 feed
    CROLR1052FC33 reverse assy.(roller and torque limiter)
    (can't remember the gear's number, only that it ends in Z1)
    Even if you can find the parts, you really need to have a tech install them as there are too many things that can get messed up by trying it yourself.
    Good luck

Pilgrim

WHOA!

Thanks folks!

All that info will give me something to start on.

If I thought I could get it fixed by a local pro for a $100 I would. I just don't think their expertise comes that cheaply... nor should it.

Thanks again, I will try your suggestions.

Regards,

Pilgrim

Pilgrim
    May be a little more information would be appropriate here.

It doesn't make any difference if I insert the document in the manual feeder on the right or the SPF in the cover, I get the same result i.e.; when I push the blue copy button the machine fires up and attempts to grab the paper, or at least it seems to, and then there is dull kind of clank/clunk noise from somewhere inside and close to the bottom. Then the unit shows the jam indicator and an "L" and a "3" are displayed. The maintenance required indicator is on during the whole process.

He man! (60s Talk)… My reach may be longer than my arms and my balls may be bigger than my brains, but what the hell, if I screw it up I will junk it. But it will be very interesting and challenging to try to get it going again. With a little help from my friends (presumptuous and premature) the ever so brilliant members of "Copytechnet", (blowing smoke)

Regards,
    Pilgrim
    Last edited by Pilgrim; 07-17-2008 at 04:00 PM. Reason: Spelling

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts paul bristol uk's Avatar
    Beware the pretty ones they break your heart

Service Manager 100+ Posts deep's Avatar
    The machine seems need a body check up and have some supplements to help it back to juvenile.
    Kenny