Thread: Sharp MX-M 363n

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Sharp MX-M 363n

Re: Sharp MX-M 363n

Quote Originally Posted by nottoosharp View Post
    Up to date*

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yes.

I am also suspecting AC power fluctuations, they had a F1 00 and a U2 91 about 4 weeks ago, it is in an old house that was converted to an office many years ago and they moved the copier to the kitchen area sharing circuit with a refrigerator and other appliances just before that ( about 5 weeks ago), I told them they need to get the copier on its own circuit. I have read that dirty power can cause random U2 codes.
    Problem is weird.
    When I started servicing copiers they used toaster ovens for fusers.....I'm old

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Sharp MX-M 363n

Problem solved, went back today with another finisher (FNX9) to swap due to the F1 00 codes. Upon very close inspection at the finisher connect, copier side frame I noticed one of the two plastic tangs on the connecter that hold it in place would collapse when lightly pushed on, otherwise looked normal. The finisher connector was not making full contact, was not fully snapping in place due to that but appeared to be. The customer had moved the machine to the different area in the office as I mentioned previously and must have hit that connector, probably on a door jam going from the other room. This explains the F1 00 codes and probably the U2 91 as well due to lost signals intermittent at that connector. The loss of network connection in the original post was an issue with the network as reported from their IT. So time will tell but I think this problem has been resolved.
    When I started servicing copiers they used toaster ovens for fusers.....I'm old

Service Manager 250+ Posts nottoosharp's Avatar

Don't forget to screw it in this time. Lol. I have more than one customer that has done that to me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk