Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Sharp MX-5001N slow printing on larg files (8mb +)

I'm having a printing issue when the client prints a large pdf (8mb +), the mfp's data light blinks when the print job arrives, it waits about a 40 seconds or so prints a page, waits about 30 seconds or so, prints another page, etc., etc. until the job is printed out. While this is happening the rest of the mfp's functions work fine, scan to smb, scan to sharpdesk and copying with no issues.
    I tried using postscript driver as well. I changed the bitmap compression from high quality to medium quality and it seems to have sped up the process. The firmware is current and it has the standard 512gb for printing and 1gb for scanning. Could I upgrade the memory to improve this issue? Would it be the 1gb memory dimm?

Thank you in advance,
    Copiertec

Senior member of CRS 2,500+ Posts

Re: Sharp MX-5001N slow printing on larg files (8mb +)

Quote Originally Posted by copiertec View Post
    I'm having a printing issue when the client prints a large pdf (8mb +), the mfp's data light blinks when the print job arrives, it waits about a 40 seconds or so prints a page, waits about 30 seconds or so, prints another page, etc., etc. until the job is printed out. While this is happening the rest of the mfp's functions work fine, scan to smb, scan to sharpdesk and copying with no issues.
    I tried using postscript driver as well. I changed the bitmap compression from high quality to medium quality and it seems to have sped up the process. The firmware is current and it has the standard 512gb for printing and 1gb for scanning. Could I upgrade the memory to improve this issue? Would it be the 1gb memory dimm?

Thank you in advance,
    Copiertec
    Do other applications have the same problem? If not, the PDFs may have too many 'layers', and need to be cleaned up (don't asked how this done, I have just heard this from others).
    "You can't trust your eyes, if your mind is out of focus" --

Vulcan Inventor of Death 1,000+ Posts Mr Spock's Avatar

when you select print look for a print as image check box.
    It is either on print dialog box or under advanced button.
    check it and see if this makes a difference.
    And Star Trek was just a tv show...yeah right!

Service Manager 250+ Posts nottoosharp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Spock View Post
    when you select print look for a print as image check box.
    It is either on print dialog box or under advanced button.
    check it and see if this makes a difference.
    I agree. Printing as image will compress the layers and remove 90% of the hidden data. As usually Spock is the epitome of logic, and reason.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ZOOTECH View Post
    Do other applications have the same problem? If not, the PDFs may have too many 'layers', and need to be cleaned up (don't asked how this done, I have just heard this from others).
    No, all the other applications are fine, as a matter of fact I tested a 120 page copy job at the same time with priory over the print job in the que and no issues with the copy job. I also printed another job to it with priority and no issues. I will print as image, that may "flatten out" the pdf.

Quote Originally Posted by copiertec View Post
    No, all the other applications are fine, as a matter of fact I tested a 120 page copy job at the same time with priory over the print job in the que and no issues with the copy job. I also printed another job to it with priority and no issues. I will print as image, that may "flatten out" the pdf.
    A copy job and a print job are two different animals.

Quote Originally Posted by nottoosharp View Post
    A copy job and a print job are two different animals.

Yes, they are. The copier uses the 512 memory and the scanning uses the 1 g memory DIMM.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

we have a customer who has this same problem with a particular program (medical office program of some sort)...I was told by my boss that the problem stems from Sharp not wanting to pay some license fee to use a necessary program... the machine handles everything else fine...so problem is not with machine...the program works fine with an HP printer...so problem is not with the data...but when ya send it to any Sharp machine, it prints extremely slow...we did the "capture" thing and sent it to Sharp, but they just started lying to us about the whole thing...we never did get it resolved, so you can imagine that there are hurt feeling all around...hahahahahaha...(I'm not an IT person, so this is the best I can do to explain the issue)

Quote Originally Posted by dwarf View Post
    we have a customer who has this same problem with a particular program (medical office program of some sort)...I was told by my boss that the problem stems from Sharp not wanting to pay some license fee to use a necessary program... the machine handles everything else fine...so problem is not with machine...the program works fine with an HP printer...so problem is not with the data...but when ya send it to any Sharp machine, it prints extremely slow...we did the "capture" thing and sent it to Sharp, but they just started lying to us about the whole thing...we never did get it resolved, so you can imagine that there are hurt feeling all around...hahahahahaha...(I'm not an IT person, so this is the best I can do to explain the issue)
    You don't know the name of the program?

Service Manager 250+ Posts SwisSeV's Avatar

If the PDF is from a source not directly supported by Adobe then the printer with have to do the processing itself. It should go without saying that you want your computer doing the processing not the printer.

Not all PDF's are created equal.