Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    SatchMho

MX-5500N with FK3 code???

Customer called in and said they were getting a FK3 error code on their Sharp MX-5500N. Anyone know anything about this error? I don't have access to a manual for this model so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

FK3 means that the fuser web cleaning counter has reached the specified limit. Replace the web and reset the counter.

Mountain Tech 50+ Posts
    If you are getting the FK3 message, get ready to do a PM. Those messages will be popping up soon.

SatchMho
    Thanks for the help! If it's just the fuser web and counter then that's an easy fix. I'll also check the other counters and see if the PM is coming up. Thanks again!

Oh, almost forgot. Since I don't have a service manual for this model, what key combination is it to get into Sim Mode? And which sim code is the web counter?

Sorry for all the questions, but I normally work on Canons, Panasonics, and Toshibas. I have only worked on a few Sharps and none of them have been color models like this MX5500N.
    Last edited by SatchMho; 07-23-2008 at 07:35 AM.

#/P, *, C,* 24, Start, sub code 24 select web counter execute.

Don't just kill the error code ....

The cleaning web will run out and not having a cleaning web on this range of machine is asking for trouble... dirty copy, Fuser Rollers/Thermistors/Sensors fouling etc..
    regards

John

" The Game never ends..When your whole World depends..On the Turn of a Friendly Card..."

SatchMho
    Thanks for the info! And yes I ordered me a cleaning web today and having it over nighted. I'll replace the web before clearing the counter. I'm not that kind of tech cause I know that will lead to more problems and I'll be back fixing them. LOL! Thanks again. This should get them up and running until I can check on the other pm items and get my service manual in.