Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Sharpdesk

Sharpdesk

A customer of mine has used scannertool from Sharpdesk 3.2 to set up scanning on an ARM 451 and is complaining that it stops scanning 2 or 3 times a day. They have to log off/on to the server to start it again. They have tried it on a local PC but the same happens. Is there an exe file that can be installed in the start up to stop this happening?
    I have set up numerous other customers with Sharpdesk and have never seen this happen before so I think its their network but need a work around .

Thanks

Mountain Tech 50+ Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Andyrsv View Post
    A customer of mine has used scannertool from Sharpdesk 3.2 to set up scanning on an ARM 451 and is complaining that it stops scanning 2 or 3 times a day. They have to log off/on to the server to start it again. They have tried it on a local PC but the same happens. Is there an exe file that can be installed in the start up to stop this happening?
    I have set up numerous other customers with Sharpdesk and have never seen this happen before so I think its their network but need a work around .

Thanks
    Is the Scantool set up for IP or Host name, or Auto?? I have used the IP address to solve this problem before.

To select this, start scan tool, then select the scanner, click on the properties button, then click on advanced button, then click on the Use IP button. I have always had problems with using the auto or just Host name.

I hope this helps!

Thanks. I will check this out as the customer set it up Im not sure if they used IP or not.