Technician

Error Code F1-19 Sharp MX-5111N

I have a used machine I just installed for a customer an getting error code F1-19 which is an error in the stapler unit. Here is the story, while moving the finisher it caught on the floor transition and fell over landing on the side that attaches to the copier. I went over the finisher and everything looks fine, no damage, Checked connections, belts etc. When I connected to the MFP and turned on I immediately get error F1-19 finisher pre alignment motor trouble. Generally a stapler issue on previous machines I worked on.

I checked the stapler and the odd thing is when I turn on the stapler with the door sensor bypassed the stapler does not move and the finisher just buzzes then throws the error code. I can't find anything jamming what am I over looking here.

I am just about to take apart again to see if I missed anything.

Can I test the motors of the finisher through sim mode?

I did not test the machine prior to installing but assumed that someone else had before it left the shop.

Any help and ideas would be appreciated.
    Thanks

Sorry found the problem I missed first time around, a sensor came loose.
    Now getting error F1-134 I'll check position and sensors on the punch.
    Last edited by aikens; 11-30-2016 at 08:17 PM.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Re: Error Code F1-19 Sharp MX-5111N

You can test the motors in sim 03-03

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

What is the finisher model? Make sure the output trays didn't get knocked out of alignment, from front to back. Could also be that a sensor was damaged or popped out of position
    When I started servicing copiers they used toaster ovens for fusers.....I'm old

I have found the punch head does not move properly after some time.Lubricate the area where is slides from front to back of the punch unit.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Return paper guide screws become lose causing guide to flip around and block stapler movement. Take off front cover and find someone with small arms to tighten that brass colored guide

Technician

Thank you to everyone that responded.
    Found the problem in a sensor that had popped out i missed the first time. Now just have to find the source of the F1-134 paper punch error I am now getting, looks like a misalignment as the punch head does not appear to go down all the way.

Technician

This has turned into one nightmare of a job. As I said earlier the finisher fell over when i was moving it. The first error was a sensor was knocked loose, fixed it, next F1-34 problem with the paper punch, that was the holes were misaligned not F1-08 stapler. The stapler slides across to the left (back) during test when it moves to the middle and then tries to go right (front) it locks up. Will not budge at all, I can't see any obstructions or any sensors off, belts are good and motors are working. I have too much time into this now and it's my fault so I'm eating it. Any ideas?

Can I disable the staple function and at least get the copier up and running for the customer. I can always look for a used finisher and fix this one when I have time.

Finisher model PNX5B.

Senior member of CRS 2,500+ Posts

PNX5B is the punch unit - paper dust can prevent the punch unit from doing a full front to rear movement, or the frame might have bent after gravity took over.
    "You can't trust your eyes, if your mind is out of focus" --

Technician

Again Thank you to everyone for the help. Zootech you had it, the frame for the punch unit was out a bit a couple of taps and I was able to line it back up. Same thing with the stapler unit, very slight bend in the sheet metal was causing a jam, the carriage could not return and I could not see that the latch for the stapler was not locked in position. Rather than take the whole unit apart I used an endoscope attached to my phone to look inside, that's when I saw the bend.