Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts oeshuron's Avatar

Re: Mx4110 adf jams at slit glass.

Did the plug look like this?

5765-bk.jpg

If so it's not foreign it's a NEMA 5-20r plug as the machine draws more than 15 amps. Still 120v which is why it's probably working. The original cord should be installed and the wall receptacle changed to accommodate as long as the breaker is rated for 20 amps.

As for the jams you should definitely print a 22-6 (Sim 22-6 then execute) and get a list of jam codes which should help pinpoint the issue as was previously mentioned. Does the page have any creases or ridges indicating something blocking its path?

ALIEN OVERLORD 2,500+ Posts fixthecopier's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by oeshuron View Post
    Did the plug look like this?

5765-bk.jpg

If so it's not foreign it's a NEMA 5-20r plug as the machine draws more than 15 amps. Still 120v which is why it's probably working. The original cord should be installed and the wall receptacle changed to accommodate as long as the breaker is rated for 20 amps.

As for the jams you should definitely print a 22-6 (Sim 22-6 then execute) and get a list of jam codes which should help pinpoint the issue as was previously mentioned. Does the page have any creases or ridges indicating something blocking its path?

No, I would recognize that one. When I looked at a chart of world plugs, I didn't see what I think I remember. The guy who bought it, who I haven't talked to yet, came to the conclusion as to where it came from. When I first looked at it, they had cut the end off a US cord and twisted the wires on to the prongs on the plug and taped them. I for some reason did not save the old plug.
    The greatest enemy of knowledge isn't ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. Stephen Hawking

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

It is common for the sensors to go bad on all Sharp RSPF models and I believe they all use the same modified sensor as mentioned in an earlier post. ALSO>...these is an odd sticky residue that has been showing up on the feed roller shaft and can be found by touching the shaft with the roller removed. It is also in the one way pulleys on that shaft usually. I have seen this cause all kinds of delay jams, and have even seen the adf jam visually without the mfp recording any jam on the 22-6. Every mfp I go to with an rspf I remove the adf feed roller and pulley and clean them with alcohol and put them back and the issue is usually fixed. Another sign is uneven wear on the rollers but I dont always see that. Hope this helps. repn1999@yahoo.com