Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    ALIEN OVERLORD 2,500+ Posts fixthecopier's Avatar

Mx4110 adf jams at slit glass.

One of my customers went out on their own and bought this. It had a foreign plug on it, Australian I think. I changed the plug and the machine seems to have no other issues except this jam. I just got hold of a service manual today but haven't had time to open it. The paper in the adf stops at the slit glass every time. I assume it is a sensor and will figure out how to access service mode and test. I was wondering if this is a common issue, or familiar enough that someone could guide me, or offer a tip. I have zero experience on Sharp except for a couple of drum changes on smaller machines. I guess I will train myself on this one. Any help would be appreciated.
    The greatest enemy of knowledge isn't ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. Stephen Hawking

Re: Mx4110 adf jams at slit glass.

Does it have an RSPF or DSPF? The DSPF has been modified to prevent SPPD2 misfeeds (MX4112N - MX5112N563.pdf), and both DFs have modified sensors (MX4112N - MX5112N639.pdf).

The sensors were modified due to regular faults (from VHPGP1A73A+-18 to VHPGP1A73AR-1).

Check SIM23-2, if the original jam locations are always at the same sensor, then it will changing.

Quote Originally Posted by ruben View Post
    Does it have an RSPF or DSPF? The DSPF has been modified to prevent SPPD2 misfeeds (MX4112N - MX5112N563.pdf), and both DFs have modified sensors (MX4112N - MX5112N639.pdf).

The sensors were modified due to regular faults (from VHPGP1A73A+-18 to VHPGP1A73AR-1).

Check SIM23-2, if the original jam locations are always at the same sensor, then it will changing.

Not sure what type it has since I don't know sharps, but now that I have a manual I will get to spend some quality time with it tomorrow.
    The greatest enemy of knowledge isn't ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. Stephen Hawking

Quote Originally Posted by fixthecopier View Post
    Not sure what type it has since I don't know sharps, but now that I have a manual I will get to spend some quality time with it tomorrow.
    If it scans/copies both sides at the same time, it is a DSPF. If it reverses the paper to do double sided, it is an RSPF.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Mx4110 adf jams at slit glass.

Quote Originally Posted by fixthecopier View Post
    One of my customers went out on their own and bought this. It had a foreign plug on it, Australian I think. I changed the plug and the machine seems to have no other issues except this jam. I just got hold of a service manual today but haven't had time to open it. The paper in the adf stops at the slit glass every time. I assume it is a sensor and will figure out how to access service mode and test. I was wondering if this is a common issue, or familiar enough that someone could guide me, or offer a tip. I have zero experience on Sharp except for a couple of drum changes on smaller machines. I guess I will train myself on this one. Any help would be appreciated.

problem is probably caused by voltage, the Australian power is 230v at 50hz and the 4110 in US is 125v 60 hz and 20 amp,

does it see the original as inch size when placed in ADF ? country code may need to be set to USA,

The document feeder is a rspf. I found how to engage sim mode. However I am still missing something. I was trying to test the sensors. In sim mode, I selected the second option, for the doc feeder, and then the second choice to check sensors. At this point I am on a screen that shows sppd1 and others. I can do nothing on this screen. The arrows are faded out. Not sure how to check good and bad. I am so used to the Konica's. Also it does not allow me to select output options. Paper is coming out the right side. When I bring up output options, it does not give me another choice.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

To check the sensors you need to move the flag to activate the sensor. When you do this the corresponding sensor should change state in the display by getting highlighted with a dark box. The arrows are grayed out because there is only the one page to show the sensors. You will need to use the green knobs to move the paper through the paper path to test some of the sensors. I am not sure about your exit options. Is there any finisher on the copier? Maybe a picture will help when accessing output options.

thanks. I read the bulletin about the sensors. I am assuming !1 is bad. The paper stops every time in the same spot. The machine has a finisher on it and I am pretty sure when I changed the plug, paper came out in the finisher. When I went back it is shooting out the right side. I may be wrong about that, as I have had a lot of shit calls lately. I am most confused about the power issue. I would have thought a machine from another country would throw fuser codes, but none have been seen. I pulled up a chart of plugs and I am pretty sure it is not austrailian, but I can't seem to remember exactly what it looks like. It has really been difficult lately. Sorry for the lack of info, but thanks for the help.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Print a sim23-2. This will give you a list of the jam codes. In your manual there is a description for the jam codes in the troubleshooting section. Quick way to see a pattern for jams.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts JLSam's Avatar

Also, simulation 22 - 6 will give you all the maintenance and diagnostic information. Be sure to print this too and keep it for your historical service records. Also, that machine is fantastic. You wont have much trouble with it.