Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

MX5141n Magenta prints on Wrong page (perfectly) or not at all

Hi all. This is strange.
    Test patterns from sim 64 - 1 type 9 or 11 print multiple pages perfectly.
    Test patterns for PCL and PS page 1 and 3 of 3 are perfect but page 2 has ZERO magenta.
    (It gets better).....
    I printed google news web page and got 9 pages; Page 1 is perfect. Page 2 has NO magenta. Page 3 (this is where it gets weirder),... page 3 intended content has no magenta, but the magenta that should have printed on page 2 no appears on page 3 (in its expected place on the page) !!! ??? =8-0 WTF? On page 4 intended content has no magenta, but magenta part of the image from page 3 now appears on page 4. This pattern continues to page 9 of 9.
    Most color prints of a single page seem to appear fine.
    A document scanned to hard drive and the printed with quantity 3; page 1 and 3 are perfect, page to has no magenta.
    Yikes.
    I first pulled out the ITB but it and the gear seem great. THen I realized this was not a mechanical problem - its too perfect in misprinting the magenta.
    I may try swapping MFP and then .... idunno.... PCU pwb,... ??? Format Hard Drive? I cant see how the LSU could do this. It seems the Magenta layer of data for print is being corrupted.

Service Manager 250+ Posts nottoosharp's Avatar

Re: MX5141n Magenta prints on Wrong page (perfectly) or not at all

Quote Originally Posted by Al Mahn View Post
    Hi all. This is strange.
    Test patterns from sim 64 - 1 type 9 or 11 print multiple pages perfectly.
    Test patterns for PCL and PS page 1 and 3 of 3 are perfect but page 2 has ZERO magenta.
    (It gets better).....
    I printed google news web page and got 9 pages; Page 1 is perfect. Page 2 has NO magenta. Page 3 (this is where it gets weirder),... page 3 intended content has no magenta, but the magenta that should have printed on page 2 no appears on page 3 (in its expected place on the page) !!! ??? =8-0 WTF? On page 4 intended content has no magenta, but magenta part of the image from page 3 now appears on page 4. This pattern continues to page 9 of 9.
    Most color prints of a single page seem to appear fine.
    A document scanned to hard drive and the printed with quantity 3; page 1 and 3 are perfect, page to has no magenta.
    Yikes.
    I first pulled out the ITB but it and the gear seem great. THen I realized this was not a mechanical problem - its too perfect in misprinting the magenta.
    I may try swapping MFP and then .... idunno.... PCU pwb,... ??? Format Hard Drive? I cant see how the LSU could do this. It seems the Magenta layer of data for print is being corrupted.
    This is crazy. Have you done single, and two color prints? Not that it will make a big difference, but I'm wondering. What happens with copy side?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Service Manager 250+ Posts nottoosharp's Avatar

Re: MX5141n Magenta prints on Wrong page (perfectly) or not at all

Quote Originally Posted by nottoosharp View Post
    This is crazy. Have you done single, and two color prints? Not that it will make a big difference, but I'm wondering. What happens with copy side?

It never hurts to format hdd, and update firmware. Reinstall print driver, and maybe try a generic print driver. Also I would try printing from USB, and maybe with a crossover cable before anything else. Only takes a few minutes, and doesn't cost parts money.