Trusted Tech 50+ Posts r3d343420's Avatar

RANGE_SUB _C 91 error on MX3050N

I have a MX3050N in the field that is throwing a RANGE_SUB _C 91 error when running a 50-22
    The original call was for "colors look 3D."
    When the Tech Arrived the color registration was WAY off and attemped to run through the calibrations only to run into this error. There is nothing in the manual of this error and I am wondering if this error is the same type of error as the SUB_DATA errors on the older machines. Does anyone have any experience with this issue?

Thanks in advance!!

Service Manager 250+ Posts nottoosharp's Avatar

Re: RANGE_SUB _C 91 error on MX3050N

50-20 and maybe a color DV change.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Set 50-22 A to I, to 100 (default), and re-run 50-22.

Should bring the colours back in, unless you have image creation problems.

Technician

We already had a bad LSU on these machines, try that

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

I had a belt that slipped on one of these...colors were next to eachother from time to time, but most of the time they were OK...

Cleaned the unit en changed the belt, prints perfect again now.

I just had to replace a 3570 transfer unit out of the box for the exact same thing. Take out the transfer belt and make sure that the drive roller is spinning the belt. On the unit I replaced the drive gear and roller would spin but the transfer belt wouldn't move.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts r3d343420's Avatar

So I finally had a chance to go back out on this machine. Sharp was telling me that I should replace the drums and the DV and then the High voltage board after that. What a stupid suggestion!!! It was the the transfer belt slipping

I could turn the belt with the blade off, but once I put the blade back on it would slip. I ended up conditioning the belt with yellow toner and finally got the belt to move without any slip. Registration sims all worked fine after that and i was able to get the machine dialed in.

When I called sharp to notify them of what i found, they didnt seem to care. I mentioned the tech pubs i have seen on the 5070's needing a soft switch setting to basically throw yellow sky shots at the transfer belt to prevent damage and if they applied that to the lower ppm machines. he didnt know and told me that i need to condition the belts on all color sharps at setup. Really? never heard that one before, maybe for a rebuild, but the transfer belts are always coated with yellow toner when they come out of the box. Obviously something is wrong with they're transfer belts if the 50ppm machines need to be adjusted to waste yellow toner to prevent damage. Then I asked what i should do if it comes back, "replace the transfer assembly." HA! thanks for nothing

I am not impressed with these new sharps. I have had a ton of issues with these machines and most of the help desk people act like I am the only one who ever had that issue.

Thats why I like this forum!!! thanks for your help guys

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

I have seen this before. It's either been the belt slipping or a flipped transfer belt blade. on the 5070/6070 there is a mod mylar to reduce blade pressure on the belt to stop it from traveling and binding but it doesnt work on the lower models. I usually just replace the blade or belt and move on, but im frustrated at how cheaply these new models are made.