Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    MX M363 Light when coping off glass (scans look fine and print copies look fine)

MX M363 Light when coping off glass (scans look fine and print copies look fine)

Weird problem, Copies off the glass are slightly light. Prints look fine and Scans on PC look fine. I adjusted the Copy exposure to 30 from 50 and that helped a little. Seems like I am missing something.... Should I go lower on the exposure. Don't want to "Band aid it"... Thanks so much for any help !!!

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Re: MX M363 Light when coping off glass (scans look fine and print copies look fine)

sim 46-19 set to 1 instead of 2, adjustment 12 I think in adjustment chapter in manual, also 46-74 calibration, and if all else, set text as default for exposure.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts JLSam's Avatar

Re: MX M363 Light when coping off glass (scans look fine and print copies look fine)

First thing is first. Clean the scanner assy, could be dirty mirrors.

If that doesn't work then clean the charger, and make sure the toner density sensor is clean too! It's below the transfer roller.

Then follow the procedures outlined in Adjustment 10-C ”auto printer density and graduation adjustment by Service Man" in the Service manual.

That should help. Let us know!

Edit: **Note** be sure to set values back to default before calibrating!

Good luck! MX M363 Light when coping off glass (scans look fine and print copies look fine)

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

Thanks ya'll so much for your help !! Turns out the prints from PC were light also. Changed the drum and blade and were back in business.
    Been in this business 25+ years and still need to learn.. "Verify what the customer is telling you" ugh

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

61-11 can also help as well as setting 46-19 to prescan if copies are light.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

I would recommend always checking the firmware level and reflashing if you have any wierd issues. We have had SCU boards randomly cause this then fail with a hard service code that won't clear. I also suggest trying 63-5 or 63-4 if you have a SIT chart. Some other options are 61-1 and changing 46-19 to prescan. Those help the most on the Orion series. I am factory certified on these models so I have had a lot of hands on time with them.

Quote Originally Posted by repn1999 View Post
    I would recommend always checking the firmware level and reflashing if you have any wierd issues. We have had SCU boards randomly cause this then fail with a hard service code that won't clear. I also suggest trying 63-5 or 63-4 if you have a SIT chart. Some other options are 61-1 and changing 46-19 to prescan. Those help the most on the Orion series. I am factory certified on these models so I have had a lot of hands on time with them.
    Thanks so much for your feedback...So how did you fix the hard service code ?

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Be sure ID sensor in transfer area is clean
    Clean optics, including lens / CCD if possible
    Clean LSU window...these are getting foggy over time and may require full cleaning
    Full calibration