taye

Sharp mx-5112n/5000n in linux and mac os environment

I happen to manage a couple of sharp mx-5112n and mx-5000n in a multi os environment. I have no problem installing the mfps on windows desktops.
    However, on linux and mac systems the mfps do not print. After installing and send a test page the printers warmup and sound like a print job is finished but nothing comes out. I have uninstalled and installed a number of times with the same result. I have also downloaded drivers from 301 Moved Permanently and with the same result.
    The firmware version on the mx-5112n is 08.20.R1
    Please, Who has a work-around this?

Thanks.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts bilyahn's Avatar

Re: Sharp mx-5112n/5000n in linux and mac os environment

I would first check to see that it has postscript installed. I'm not sure on this model but I think it was an option. You can check this in sim 22-10. If it is not installed then purchase the product and you should be good. There is no work around for this....

Good luck.

Bil

PS Just checked the MX5000 manual and it is an option. What you describe is exactly what happens when you do not have PS enabled on an MFP. Don't have the 5112 manual but in all likely hood this is the same issue.

taye

Re: Sharp mx-5112n/5000n in linux and mac os environment

Quote Originally Posted by bilyahn View Post
    I would first check to see that it has postscript installed. I'm not sure on this model but I think it was an option. You can check this in sim 22-10. If it is not installed then purchase the product and you should be good. There is no work around for this....

Good luck.

Bil

PS Just checked the MX5000 manual and it is an option. What you describe is exactly what happens when you do not have PS enabled on an MFP. Don't have the 5112 manual but in all likely hood this is the same issue.
    Thanks Bil. We have to get the kit installed then.