Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts

MX-M354N Err Failed to expand ARM9 prg

This machine is 40 miles away and I only service it bc there is no Sharp dealer available. My experience with Sharp is not recent, mostly AR-M's from years ago. Manual says the L101 section of the HDD or SD card is related to this error. IDK if it can be fixed with a FW overwrite/update, a new HDD? IDK if one is even installed. Recommendations on a re-set & recovery steps much appreciated! I have no problem with FW, NVRAM, HDD replacement on Konica Minolta, but unfamiliar with this machine's brain...

Re: MX-M354N Err Failed to expand ARM9 prg

99% sd card

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Repair God? not quite 100+ Posts fireater's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Don N. View Post
    This machine is 40 miles away and I only service it bc there is no Sharp dealer available. My experience with Sharp is not recent, mostly AR-M's from years ago. Manual says the L101 section of the HDD or SD card is related to this error. IDK if it can be fixed with a FW overwrite/update, a new HDD? IDK if one is even installed. Recommendations on a re-set & recovery steps much appreciated! I have no problem with FW, NVRAM, HDD replacement on Konica Minolta, but unfamiliar with this machine's brain...
    it is the sd card. yo can buy a blank one from the local store (if its 2 gig get 4 .. if its 4 gig get an 8. HOWEVER you need a good card to copy it from and you need to use a SDcard copy program....Or just buy a new one from Sharp
    I fix copiers ...Well Sorta

It will be a 4GB with a HHD installed or an 8GB without one. You will need to get the image file from somewhere as mentioned. We use HDD Raw Copy Tool to copy the images of all our SD cards. In fact, I just ordered an mSATA adaptor to do the same thing with the SSD in the new machines.

Oh...100% chance it's the SD card.

Repair God? not quite 100+ Posts fireater's Avatar

[QUOTE=boobookitty;551280]It will be a 4GB with a HHD installed or an 8GB without one. You will need to get the image file from somewhere as mentioned. We use HDD Raw Copy Tool to copy the images of all our SD cards. In fact, I just ordered an mSATA adaptor to do the same thing with the SSD in the new machines.

Oh...100% chance it's the SD card. [/QUOTE

GOOD idea!
    I fix copiers ...Well Sorta

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

I got the HDD Raw Copy Tool setup file from Download.com. Plan to go onsite with a 8 and 4 gb cards, see if there is a HDD and use my laptop to write the file to the appropriate card. If anyone has that file, umm I sure could use it!... Thanks!

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Hard drive raw copy does work. I may have the blank image for a new replacement card from sharp if you want to provide me with the card number you need. I have most of the SD card images and store them on my FTP site.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

FYI you can use a larger card and that will work fine. I generally recommend this because not all 4gb cards are 4008mb in capacity and that is the exact size for the sharp cards. It is just easier to buy an 8gb and use them. I usually buy Samsung or Sony class 10 cards due to their high endurance rating so I only have to replace once. Hope my posts help.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by repn1999 View Post
    Hard drive raw copy does work. I may have the blank image for a new replacement card from sharp if you want to provide me with the card number you need. I have most of the SD card images and store them on my FTP site.
    What card number do you need from me other than the model number that it's going into?

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by repn1999 View Post
    I got an 8 GB card at Walmart. What file number are you referring to? I really need to get them back up today. Thanks so much.