Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    AR-M355 Doc Feed Issue

AR-M355 Doc Feed Issue

I have an issue that comes up frequently with the Sharp AR-M355 doc feeder. When feeding regular 8 1/2 X 11 paper there is a message that comes up asking to add 11 x 17 paper. I have made sure that the doc feed is clear of any debris, but I am getting that complaint from the client. The only way I was able to replicat the issue was by over filling the doc feed with more than 60-pages at one time, and then, it wasn't all the time that this would occur.

I have in the past had to change out the feed motors, but I am not sure that this is a fix today. The machine in question is brand new.

Any suggestions?

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    AR-M355 Doc Feed Issue

This is extremely common on all Tiger & Jupiter machines. There are two possibilities (OK, three):

1) The customer is laying a stack of folders, or anything else on the original size length switch. Then he/she feeds LTR size originals. This fools the SPF into thinking the orignals are ledger sized. That also why you can't duplicate it, its behavior.

2) The same original size length switch is equipped with a gravity counterweight to return the switch. Out of the box the counterweight is a 4mm x 14mm screw, and it's not quite enough to reliably return the switch. All it needs is a few grams more. I usually remove the original screw and insert (2) 4mm x 10mm screws, one through each side of the threaded tube (you'll understand when you see it).

3) I've seen the top cover (the same one that comprises the body of the SPF) broken. Specifically one of the loops that support the switch flag becomes broken, and the flag doesn't move smoothly. Rather than transfer all the SPF parts onto a new body, I have successfully repaired the loop one of two ways. Either use plastic to fabricate a new loop, or drill two very small holes then string a loop of SPC (small paper clip) throught the holes, superglue the ends, and trim flush.
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    AR-M355 Doc Feed Issue

Thanks for the tips

Thanks for the Doc Feed tips. gblase