Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

MX-6070N with MX-FN28 - FNRMDLT

Hi Guys,

Since I first installed this machine it has been jamming between the finisher & the MX-RB25. At first with all sizes of paper & so because their were no bulletins on Sharp IDNC at the time I made up my own fix by putting mylar on the finisher entrance. That worked for a long time but now & only with paper longer than letter size is jamming. With a code of FNRMDLT.

Most recently, I've tried changing the springs on the sensors in the MX-RB25 to no avail.

From the time I worked on this last time, I kind of remember seeing a bulletin on slowing the paper down due to bending of the sheets leaving the pass unit but now I can't find it.

Thanks guys

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Re: MX-6070N with MX-FN28 - FNRMDLT

Perhaps this?

MFP-TB-1646

"Guide sheet has been added to the open/close paper guide section to improve thedelivery performance of the paper curled upward"

Quote Originally Posted by coopers1305 View Post
    Hi Guys,

Since I first installed this machine it has been jamming between the finisher & the MX-RB25. At first with all sizes of paper & so because their were no bulletins on Sharp IDNC at the time I made up my own fix by putting mylar on the finisher entrance. That worked for a long time but now & only with paper longer than letter size is jamming. With a code of FNRMDLT.

Most recently, I've tried changing the springs on the sensors in the MX-RB25 to no avail.

From the time I worked on this last time, I kind of remember seeing a bulletin on slowing the paper down due to bending of the sheets leaving the pass unit but now I can't find it.

Thanks guys

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Is the finnisher height set right so the finnisher entrance guide matchesthe exit of the rb unit?

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Has anyone got this bulletin? Doesn't seem to be available on UK site

Quote Originally Posted by RascalMJ View Post
    Perhaps this?

MFP-TB-1646

"Guide sheet has been added to the open/close paper guide section to improve thedelivery performance of the paper curled upward"

Senior Tech 250+ Posts driving lots of miles's Avatar

we had this issue with MX-4570N with MX-FN28 and the entrance guide on the finisher was bent on delivery of the machine to the customer. They were in the midst of a remodel and they moved the machine twice more and the tech had to go out and realign the guide every time.

Field Tech 500+ Posts

Have the foam rollers been removed from the exit/delivery unit during set up ?
    It didn't say that I couldn't do it in the manual.